Lets see some full size pictures...

superbuickguy

Explorer
PC150001_zps82386149.jpg

Bojak

Adventurer
This is good stuff. Love the squares. Never too much old chevy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418772794006.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418772794006.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 72

Dr. Buchenrad

Stock K1500

Meet Mahana. She is ugly. Her name originated from the short movie Johnny Lingo (watch it here if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfahoLfrddU) because she is ugly.

Covered In Mud:

Down By The River: (Phil Collins is just an inside joke with my friends)

Flexing about as much as the stock suspension allows: (Darn you IFS)

If the sticker says it, it has to be true:

Though she is ugly, she has never failed to take me where I wanted to go and 4x4 gets engaged regularly. With no modifications except a camper shell and decent set of tires I have had it through some easy-moderate offroad challenges and spent a number of nights in the bed. Most recently it was my home for 5 days while hunting Deer in Southern NM. It would have been my home while hunting Elk too but I filled my tag on my first day so I didnt get a chance to sleep in it... thats too bad... :D :steak:

Honestly the only mod I have in mind in the near future is to weld up a simple and sturdy front bumper. The reason being that with 215k and the engine using 1qt of oil every 800 miles, the future is uncertain. I will either drive it until it dies and cut my losses and sell it or swap in a detroit diesel and keep it for a while.

In the end this is more of a forum introduction than a posting of a cool modified truck since there isnt a dedicated thread for that that I could find. I am Dr. Buchenrad. I live in central NM and I love spending time outdoors whether Im living out of my truck or backpack. I have been a lurker here for a while but I decided to finally register.

My dream adventure rig is a VW Amarok with a utility bed trailer, but VW doesnt love us here in the US... On more reasonable terms a Suburban would suit me fine.

PS: The front end damage was from the previous owner not me, but it doesnt bother me too mcuh. The way I see it, it made the truck cheaper for me to buy.

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
i really dig your style dude (doc B) so many people put all kinds of unnecessary stuff on their rigs so they can look more "expo" and go "overlanding" but your out there keeping it real and using what youve got because it works! thanks for not having 20" wheels, multiple led lightbars, and a snorkle, that was on of the most refreshing posts ive seen in a while.:roost:

Dr. Buchenrad

i really dig your style dude (doc B) so many people put all kinds of unnecessary stuff on their rigs so they can look more "expo" and go "overlanding" but your out there keeping it real and using what youve got because it works! thanks for not having 20" wheels, multiple led lightbars, and a snorkle, that was on of the most refreshing posts ive seen in a while.:roost:

Ill bet that thing has done more off roading than a lot of lifted rigs I see around Albuquerque. Not to down the mods; They certainly make things easier (sometimes a lot easier) and there are places I would never take my truck that a modded jeep wouldnt question, but I paid $2600 for that truck and for that I have received a very large return on investment compared to some of the heavily modded trucks around, but with every increased level of capability, the cost to get there increases exponentially. I hope some day to have a nice dedicated adventure rig, but Im not going to let being a broke college student ruin my fun.

Bojak

Adventurer
Ill bet that thing has done more off roading than a lot of lifted rigs I see around Albuquerque. Not to down the mods; They certainly make things easier (sometimes a lot easier) and there are places I would never take my truck that a modded jeep wouldnt question, but I paid $2600 for that truck and for that I have received a very large return on investment compared to some of the heavily modded trucks around, but with every increased level of capability, the cost to get there increases exponentially. I hope some day to have a nice dedicated adventure rig, but Im not going to let being a broke college student ruin my fun.
I have done some extremely crazy off road adventurs in a 2wd ford 100 with a I6 and no lift. We were young and broke and most importantly daring. Daring to try some things showed us what we could and couldn't do and we also learned that the guy at the wheel is the biggest variable. Had buddies with cool built rigs get stuck on there axels alot, and us riding right by in a 2wd. The only mod was a locked up rear end and some all terrains on back. Pretty typical farmers set up in the 80's. 4wd is awesome, and mods make your chances greater but the freedom from worry due to investment ( or age ) can take you pretty far.

Last edited:

Beamer pilot

Explorer

You eventually get to a point in life where there is a lot more disposable income and if you want to spend it on totally build and moded rig to get the weekly groceries and you enjoy it, who am I to criticize you???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94