Lets see some full size pictures...

NothingClever

Explorer
The only other reason I would require a camper that can handle the extreme cold is that I'm an avid hunter and I go out hunting twice a year on 2 week trips. So it would be nice to have a camper that can house 2-3 people safely and comfortably in the winter time.

I think av8r nailed the two great recommendations for extended winter camping. Although you can stay out in the other campers such as Four Wheel Camper, All Terrain Camper or Palomino, they will require significant insulation and you will burn through propane (unless you get a catalytic heater such as an Olympic Wave 3 or 6). A couple of skiers stayed out in their XP in mountain states with a diesel Webasto heater running non-stop the whole time and were very positive about their comfort.

The other camper brand I'd take a look at is Hallmark RV (www.hallmarkrv.com). They're made in Colorado so they know cold weather. Hallmark offers pop-up walls with an internal Mylar barrier and insulation. They also offer durable Coosa frames and their exterior wall moulding process ensures minimal seams for cold to penetrate.

Hallmark satisfied all my picky technical interests but their bamboo and stainless steel interior (galley) and roomy dinette were the big convincers for us. I've visited the factory several times...I think they build an outstanding camper and their customer service (see Matt) is top- shelf, IME. I thought we were done shopping. Had my wife not seen the XP, we'd be in a Hallmark Everest.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
This scene from a couple weeks ago is way different from what we're seeing today.....

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

Martin Creek drainage in Sanders County MT.

CUMMINSDIESELPWR

Here is my rig...

01' CTD,warn 16.5k winch, home made winchplate/bumper, rv275 injectors, bhaf, D60f D80r, 35' duratracs, 6spd manny, this year gonna upgrade to led offroad lights, and a couple hids. some more maintenance for longevity then flatbed it later this year and put a slide on camper and truck boxes for a poor mans service bed. some solar panels and pvc water storage. plus an extra frame mounted fuel tank (looking for total of 70gal) recently installed a fuel boss mechanical fuel pump that has the oem carter as backup (after my raptor 150 died...) i got much more done on this as well any questions ask away :)

IMG_0660.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles