Lets see some full size pictures...

Seabass

Idiot
A tent will work shot term, but my wife and kid require something a bit more substantial. Well perhaps just my wife.
maybe like,

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn14/Fabman54/4652625754_de2dab933b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Yeah. My wife hates tents too. That's a super cool platform to start with, though. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seabass

Idiot
IMG_20140511_122042_1.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

some engine tuning
4" exhaust
onboard air
extra battery
crossover steering
35 spline axle shafts
arb lockers
325/65/18 goodyears

That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Those trucks were absolute beasts! And yours is particularly nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Well plan
A. Build my own RV $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
B. Buy a box, convert it to a RV $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
C. Buy a trailer and mount it to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
to the truck.

It doesnt take a lot of money, if you work it right.

Ive got less than 10k into this entire rig....

chassis258.jpg

Labor on the other hand.....

BFXMAN

It doesnt take a lot of money, if you work it right.

Ive got less than 10k into this entire rig....

chassis258.jpg

Labor on the other hand.....

Hope to have 20-28k budget for material. I'll have to call in a few favors, and hope to do 95%
of the fab work. Have a friend for the plumbing & electrical. The other 5% of the labor, we'll I'll
just have to cross that bridge when I get there.

When I get to the build thread, sure most we'll be very surprised by just how much I really
have ahead of me. HECK I CAN'T BELIVE IT!! :Wow1:

Last edited:

Bogie

Observer
A tent will work shot term, but my wife and kid require something a bit more substantial. Well perhaps just my wife.
maybe like,

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn14/Fabman54/4652625754_de2dab933b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

While not technically "mine" it belongs to my Firehouse And I can't say the thought of building this type of rig using it as a starting point hasn't crossed my mind (Ditch the pumps and rear body build a camper) but the only being 2WD would be a hindrance. That and I'm a Dodge guy but it's a fun truck to drive.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407651992.968854.jpg

BFXMAN

While not technically "mine" it belongs to my Firehouse And I can't say the thought of building this type of rig using it as a starting point hasn't crossed my mind (Ditch the pumps and rear body build a camper) but the only being 2WD would be a hindrance. That and I'm a Dodge guy but it's a fun truck to drive.

View attachment 239759

I would have to agree and it would be a darn good looking rig also.:)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I don't personally consider it full size, but a little bigger then mid sized. It's big enough I can sleep in the back with worrying about it! (fully loaded with gear makes it a little cramped for sleeping but I have't done any mods for gear storage yet.

More pics and info on Sñr Burro please!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
3. Check/replace what's needed.
4. Build the RV box.
5. Hit The Road!

BFX: with just a few keystrokes I've managed to save you months of work, thousands of dollars and likely a cardiac arrest! There is nothing wrong with the truck you have as it sits. Just give it a mechanical once over, build or buy a camper for the back, and go use it! Changing the crewcab for a supercab is just nuts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94