Lets see some full size pictures...

burt

Observer
IMG_20140529_154133.jpg

Got any more info on this? I'd be stoked on at least more pics

BackcountryAggie

New member here! Figured I'd throw my truck into the mix as well. Here's my 2002 F250 7.3 DD that doubles as my ranch truck, hunting rig, and boat hauler. I plan on picking up a camper shell soon to be able to haul more gear too.
ahebadyr.jpg
9y3ugypa.jpg
yge5yres.jpg

76hauler

not quite overland, but we still use it to explore as a family. the jeeps on the broken arrow trail in Sedona az. were pretty shocked to see us come through!

Attachments

• submarine rock pose.JPG
    submarine rock pose.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 114

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Got a write up on taking that thing through Broken Arrow? I just looked it up. Says it's rated "difficult". Interested in how you made out. I also have a large Super Duty that I love taking places. Mine's only on 35s, but she does have front and rear air lockers.

Roudy

Observer
not quite overland, but we still use it to explore as a family. the jeeps on the broken arrow trail in Sedona az. were pretty shocked to see us come through!

It's surprising where the full size rig will go. I'm headed to Sedona/Phoenix area next May. Anyone have suggestions on trails? Driving my well worn east coast trails Excursion. 35's, locked with winch.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Some very fine looking trucks! Jeep guys all think they are the most hardcore out there, lol. Fullsize rigs will go anywhere they are able to fit.

76hauler

thanks guys. Sedona's a beautiful place. the SD did great for its size, I did rub a tree on the pass side that left me a "memory" of last years trip! We did the whole trail, just not the stair steps towards the end, my wife was a little freaked. our last truck was a 2006 Tacoma 4x four door, 2.5" of lift on 33's. now we're in a SD on 37's, small change.... we do a lot of desert and sand dunes also, and when I can I chase and pit for off road races.

The SD gets about 10-11 hwy, cruising 65. I'm planning a re-gear from 4.10's to 4.88's, that would put me at 4.30's with stock tires, where most V10 people swear the trucks just wakes up and works best. I have an AIRAID filter, magnaflow catback, and an SCT tuner from 5Star. we pull a 25' toyhauler to camp in, then roam and explore from there.

Sedona in May? awesome! there's broken arrow, solders' pass, and schnebly hill. Also, there's some trail just outside of Sedona on 89a, near the Waste Water treatment facility, towards Cottonwood. one goes down to creek to the SW, one goes to the Indian ruins to the NW. Enjoy!

76hauler

a few more

Attachments

• oak creek snow.JPG
    oak creek snow.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 79
  • awww, sedona.JPG
    awww, sedona.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 84
  • broken arrow trail 2.JPG
    broken arrow trail 2.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Sedona redrock.JPG
    Sedona redrock.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 87

screwball48

Explorer
Thank you for the info. Trying to decide on what to get for my next truck. Going back and forth between tacoma and 6.2l super duty.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
Updating with a new pic of my 2008 F250 with the 6.4 Powerstroke. Mods are a lot..

Spartan tuning
Spartan TCM
4" downpipe
5" Flo-Pro exhaust
No Limit Fabrication cold air intake
No Limit Fabrication CAC pipe/intake elbow
EGR cooler delete
Elite head studs
Elite 71mm atmosphere turbo
Air Dog II DF-165
SunCoast transmission
River City Diesel torque converter
Nitrous Outlet Diesel nitrous Kit
20x9 BMF Novakanes
305/55/20 Toyo ATII Extremes
Bilstein 5160 reservoir shocks
Ranch Fiberglass cap
21" Led dual row lightbar
made 659rwhp/ 1375rwtq on 04/19/2014 with no nitrous

nighttruck.jpg

uncle

Observer
Here's my 89CCLB 4x4 with 7.3IDI. This is as is when I bought it:
$_57a.jpg
Here's a couple from my first outing (turkey hunting)
20140423_122929.jpg20140424_103945.jpg

This group here is a bad influence. I've already modified a Harbor freight contractor rack over the camper and I'm going to put a carpet kit in it.:)

Woofwagon

Adventurer
My '89 Burb project

Ex USGS with 350TBI and TH400. I will be installing the 14 bolt Free Floater here soon. I plan on going to a Cummins with a 4L80E, but for now I will enjoy it as is. Body and paint work are in the future. Before auction, the USGS put on new tires, suspension, exhaust, brakes and alignment along with a full engine tune up. Great deal at 2200 bucks and only 99k on the odo. I might trick it out a bit like the Dante's Peak Suburban. I do know that a snorkel for the FJ80 will fit this vehicle with some simple contour mods. I've installed mounts for extra equipment in the back like a 12VDC air compressor and the rear bumper doubles as an air tank. A 12,000lb rated winch will be installed here shortly.

KIMG0621.jpgKIMG0623.jpgKIMG0624.jpgKIMG0625.jpgKIMG0628.jpgKIMG0629.jpgKIMG0611.jpgKIMG0610.jpgKIMG0615.jpgKIMG0603.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne