Lets see some full size pictures...

BlackPearl

Hey everyone, Ive been watching quietly in the background for years now and its time I started to speak up. I finally found the truck that has taken me the better part of a decade to find and I couldn't be more ecstatic to start building

Here is my "new to me" 1996 6.5L Turbo Diesel Yukon. At this point it hasn't had to much done to it aside from what you can see in the picture. Front bumper was changed out, it was lifted up 5.5 inches and stood up on 35's. Somewhere along the line it picked up two bad paint jobs -green and black after the factory white, the interior was re-died black from the burgundy it got from GM and the stock fabric got an upgrade to leather. Oh and its seen its fair share of road both asphalt and dirt in the 428,000km its toured.

Once I get into the build on the truck ill put up a thread to keep everyone up to date, but other then that this is the "Black Pearl"

2abe5d53-444d-4b31-9ae2-9cb41ca1df47_zps5b3320ea.jpg

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Hey everyone, Ive been watching quietly in the background for years now and its time I started to speak up. I finally found the truck that has taken me the better part of a decade to find and I couldn't be more ecstatic to start building

Here is my "new to me" 1996 6.5L Turbo Diesel Yukon. At this point it hasn't had to much done to it aside from what you can see in the picture. Front bumper was changed out, it was lifted up 5.5 inches and stood up on 35's. Somewhere along the line it picked up two bad paint jobs -green and black after the factory white, the interior was re-died black from the burgundy it got from GM and the stock fabric got an upgrade to leather. Oh and its seen its fair share of road both asphalt and dirt in the 428,000km its toured.

Once I get into the build on the truck ill put up a thread to keep everyone up to date, but other then that this is the "Black Pearl"

2abe5d53-444d-4b31-9ae2-9cb41ca1df47_zps5b3320ea.jpg

Was it a local find?

Another Albertan on Expedition Portal.
Have to look into a local campout next summer...
Almost as many trucks per capita in Alberta as in Texas...

BlackPearl

Was it a local find?

Another Albertan on Expedition Portal.
Have to look into a local campout next summer...
Almost as many trucks per capita in Alberta as in Texas...

Yeah actually I found it in the Pincher Creek area, the guy i got it off of didn't know what he was in for with the 6.5 and had to cut his losses and move on but that just made it easier for me to get a good price on it knowing that I was going to be cutting into it pretty soon!

A campout next summer would be fantastic and probably pretty easy to organize, I don't think to many of us are limited to only a few weekends of fun a summer.
Never been to texas but I know we sure have our fair share of trucks here :)

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Yeah actually I found it in the Pincher Creek area, the guy i got it off of didn't know what he was in for with the 6.5 and had to cut his losses and move on but that just made it easier for me to get a good price on it knowing that I was going to be cutting into it pretty soon!

A campout next summer would be fantastic and probably pretty easy to organize, I don't think to many of us are limited to only a few weekends of fun a summer.
Never been to texas but I know we sure have our fair share of trucks here :)

The pearl looks good considering the mileage on it.
Between the full size trucks an the Jeeps from Alberta on this site we should get a decent turnout.
I'll definitely work on it for next summer.
Trying to get past the four inches of snow on the ground right now, we have a work organized camp out at Miquelon Provincial Park east of Edmonton this weekend, hope it warms out by Saturday.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I was going to make a remark about the camping in the snow in summer, but since Beamer pilot already brought it up... :elkgrin:

Nice new rig Black pearl!

CYRUS888

Observer
Been lurcking around for a while now I guess it's time for my contribution :wavey:
Here's my rig wheeling with jeeps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

BFXMAN

BFX: with just a few keystrokes I've managed to save you months of work, thousands of dollars and likely a cardiac arrest! There is nothing wrong with the truck you have as it sits. Just give it a mechanical once over, build or buy a camper for the back, and go use it! Changing the crewcab for a supercab is just nuts!

Thanks, the crewcab is very rusty ( life on the beach) and I don't need a crewcab. It's taking space from the living quarters and/or I won't be long out back. It will help with the departure angle. Changing the crew to a super should be no big deal, just a little fabrication. (cutting/welding). Besides, this is it for me. after this "no more BIG jobs."
Not only that, if I'm going to do this. I'm going to build the truck I want.:)

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I want to get out West for a shot like that one day. Great shot. For now I'll settle for the woods in the Midwest. Trees can be scary too, when they get too close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94