Just bought my first cruiser

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Hey guys, been a jeep guy for a long time. Did the rockcrawling thing and now im looking into expedition wheeling as something different and new.

Im located in Orange County CA and i just bought FFER's 1993 FJZ80 on the ih8mud board. It's completely stock right now with lockers, but soon it will be outfitted and ready to go. Been chatting it up with Steve over at Manafre getting all my items setup and ready to go.. just need to find the money tree!!! Already drove it on it's first mini expedition back from Sacramento where i bought it. Ran flawlessly.

Looks like I already have some plans of heading out to Death Valley with some of the guys over on the panamint Charlie site and possibly run Mojave road within the next few months too. Im really excited.

Great site and hope to meet some great people here.

here's pics of the rig..
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=552365606&security=BaiBYr

Dave Druck

Hanley Noel

Observer
Dave,

Looks great. Love the color. You will love the fact that you have factory lockers. What mods do you have planned for it?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yeah, i had ARB's in the past and wouldn't have bought one open. I know how valuable to lockers are.

umm...... mods.. lets see....

3-4" OME Lift
33x12.50 All Terrains
ARB bullbar w/Warn 9000 winch
Kaymar rear bumper with dual tire carrier (found stock wheels from 1993 already too)
INTI roof rack with all options
Slee rocker panel protection
Slee t-case skid
Ausi 44 gallon tank
Roof Top tent
Safari snorkel

and of course everything else...
on board air, drawer, security wall cage, cb radio, gps, etc..

Yeah i've been planning on getting one of these for a while you could say:)

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Dave nice 80, with factory lockers too. Congrats on your purchase, and keep us posted on your build up. Very clean.

Scott Brady

Founder
Great to have you here, and congrats on owning one of the premier expedition platforms in the world :smiley_drive:

Where are you interested in traveling?

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Welcome,

I'm thinking about getting an 80 to replace my 60, so I'll be very interested in following your build. Good to see another Cruiser enthusiast in SoCal!!!

Chuck

blupaddler

Conspirator
Congrats!!!

:D :D

Oh, BTW...I didn't see sliders on your list. :yikes: They should be #1

I will only mimick what others have said, "80's are...just O.K."

:1888fbbd:

Atomic Dog!

Observer
Congrats to you! I also live in OC, bought my '97 FZJ 80 in Dec. for my expedition and have been talking to Steve at MAF too!

I totally luv mine, I'm sure you will too.:luxhello:

-Peace, Adriana

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Very nice! I'm looking forward to watching the upgrade process. Not sure why I enjoy that kind of stuff, maybe I'm turning into one of those tech weenies or something.:D Someday, down the road I'm planning on doing an FZJ replacement for my FJ. I figure I've got a good couple hundred thousand miles left in her though.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Thanks guys and gals.

Im planning on running my rig down to baja, utah., wyoming, alaska and everywhere inbetween.

Yeah the rig is getting rocker panel protection for sure. No worries there.

Atomic dog, you're going on a expedition? any details you could share?

Atomic Dog!

Observer
SOCALFJ said:
Atomic dog, you're going on a expedition? any details you could share?

Sure am! :victory: Going to drive through Central & South Am. Got a couple of threads going about prepping the FZJ 80 and other details. The folks here have been awsome helping me figure out how to outfit it.

There is a wealth of knowledge here if you need any advice.

-Adriana

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles