Truck camper for flat beds?

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
Does any company make a truck camper for a flat bed? Regular bed or dually? I would think alot of farmers and cowboys would use them.

jagular7

Adventurer
I haven't really seen but one in the US. I think it was Northern Lite. However, I've seen several slide-in truck campers setup on flat beds and where they kick in are storage boxes. Australia is one country where the flat bed camper is designed and used. Their pickup sides are typically designed to fold down into a flat bed layout or be totally removed.

Edit: I am mistaken. Northstar is who I was thinking.

Last edited:

boblynch

Adventurer
Northstar offers flatbed campers

Northstar (http://www.northstarcampers.com/) will build any of their U.S. models as a flatbed. The interior layout is the same as the slide in campers. The space on the side is filled with exterior storage. They also ship a number of models to Australia that are not available in the U.S.

btggraphix

Observer
There's just not enough market for anyone to really focus on it. Northstar is the only one I know of..plus there is a startup in the Bay Area (Expeditioncampers or something like that) but I don't think they've released yet. For me with a big truck camper the biggest issue is misc./outdoor gear storage, so outside boxes on top of the flatbed that fills the space up works about as well as I think I'll find without making a custom camper box.

2cojwg2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles