Land Rover National Rally Moab 08 Pictures

Green96D1

Explorer
awesome pictures.

I saw from a set of pictures of a Lime Green RRC on a huge lift and like 35" swampers that truck was ba ba ba ba ba bad -to -the-bone!:bowdown:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Dmarchand said:
My Pictures.

http://www.pbase.com/dmarchand/2008_national_rally_and_colorado

I think most of our club pictures will be ready soon as well.

What an awesome photo!
103850810.KHQss21s.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/dmarchand/image/103850810

Last edited:

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
It was great meeting you at the event. Wish I would have taken a few minutes to check out your P38.

Man, you can keep the P38s.... Every time I think our is running good and get comfortable with it, it breaks down again. Worst Rover ever in my opinion.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
RoverMack said:
Correct Mat Moran's truck but if i understood correctly the rear is a Salisbury axle and the front and rear have been widened to Defender width, with uprated components and front discs. The suspension worked very well indeed especially on "rock chucker".

I spoke to Matt this afternoon leaving the Mid Atlantic Rally and he now plans to install a NAS 110 cage on the truck and make it a full convertible. It looked very cool on a trailer behind his NAS 110.

I was digging his home made rear corner protectors complete with their own new HD outriggers off the frame.

Last edited:

MUSBJIM

Observer

What great pics from the Land Rover Rallye in Moab. My wife & I were trailering our '57 Speedster to a show in Colorado and made a stopover in Moab. We wandered to the staging area Tuesday morning and met a few SCLR folks and realized that we were a day too early for the shindig.

As we cruised through town we saw quite a few very cool Rovers which made me kick myself for not using my '91 RRC GDE as the tow vehicle. That way we would have postponed our Colorado trip and joined the group on a few trails.

Looks like you all had a great time. Next time I will coordinate my trip a little better!

Peace - Out!

Oilburner

Adventurer
MUSBJIM said:

What great pics from the Land Rover Rallye in Moab. My wife & I were trailering our '57 Speedster to a show in Colorado and made a stopover in Moab. We wandered to the staging area Tuesday morning and met a few SCLR folks and realized that we were a day too early for the shindig.

As we cruised through town we saw quite a few very cool Rovers which made me kick myself for not using my '91 RRC GDE as the tow vehicle. That way we would have postponed our Colorado trip and joined the group on a few trails.

Looks like you all had a great time. Next time I will coordinate my trip a little better!

Peace - Out!

I think I saw you somewhere in Colo with the new-shape RR towing the speedster (going east). I was driving a white 109 pickup and was about 2500 miles into my trip at that point. It looked pretty cool towing the Speedster.

MUSBJIM

Observer
I think I saw you somewhere in Colo with the new-shape RR towing the speedster (going east). I was driving a white 109 pickup and was about 2500 miles into my trip at that point. It looked pretty cool towing the Speedster.

J-L;

We were driving from Newport Beach SoCal to Colorado with our little car in tow. As we left Moab and headed east on I-70 we saw beaucoup cool Rovers heading West to Moab (I presume). We were lamenting the fact that we didn't use our RRC as the tow vehicle, whereas we would have unhitched the trailer in Moab, delayed our Colorado trip another day or so, and joined the LR Rallye on a few trails. Dang!!

WRT to using the RRC as the tow vehicle, it probably would have taken us an extra day to reach our destination with the RRC chugging up those long steep inclines with a trailer/car. Bwaaaaa Haaaaaa

Hope you had a great time in Moab and that your trip back home was uneventful! Any pics of your 109 on some Moab trails to share?

Peace - Out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles