My Rover

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
man i'm jealous.... I put a 4.6 in my truck, and it sucks i had no way of putting a diesel in. Atleast without spending thousands more and sending it some place.

I got my ring and pinion from Bill today... hopefully this will end the heartake when I have them put in on thursday. Rover gears are so damn small looking....

Mercedesrover

Explorer
DiscoveryXD said:
Rover gears are so damn small looking....

Compared to a Toyota? Yup.

keith.jpg

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
yes yes yes....

I've been pissed ever since I found out I could have gone with the toyota running gear for around the same in the end. I'm gonna ignore this thread so I can forget :eek:

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Late to the part as usual - but that is one fine looking Disco - I really appreciate the level of thought and care you have put into that build!

:beer:

Mercedesrover

Explorer
DiscoveryXD said:
I've been pissed ever since I found out I could have gone with the toyota running gear for around the same in the end. I'm gonna ignore this thread so I can forget :eek:

Not to rub salt but I'm curious...What does Bill get for a Rover diff set up with an ARB and 4.10s and a set of axles? There aren't any prices on his site.

RonL

Adventurer
Talking about Diff and their strengths. Here the question/statement. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The strongest to weakest for a Rover diff/axle setup
Salibary diff and shafts
Toy diff with Toy axles shafts
ARB with Heavyduty axle shafts
Stock Rover diff with 24 sphine axles
Stock Rover diff with 10 sphine axles

Mercedesrover

Explorer
RonL said:
Talking about Diff and their strengths. Here the question/statement. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The strongest to weakest for a Rover diff/axle setup
Salibary diff and shafts
Toy diff with Toy axles shafts
Yugo differential with water pipe axles
ARB with Heavyduty axle shafts
Lawn tractor differential with broom handle axles
bicycle cranks with 10-speed derailleur and bike chain
Stock Rover diff with 24 sphine axles
Stock Rover diff with 10 sphine axles

Fixed it for ya! :sombrero:

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
Mercedesrover said:
Just trying to be funny. I've got two of these things and had a RRC for a while.....I feel your pain.

I wasn't upset about what you said, just keeping it from turning into one of those type of threads. I have a link to this thread in my sig line, and I just want to keep it positive. :safari-rig:

revor

Explorer
Mercedesrover said:
Fixed it for ya! :sombrero:

Oh it hurts!!!:friday:

No Rover bashing, I figure in xy XD I will leave the Rover type front until she breaks it, Then Toyota. I even considered leaving the Rover Diff in the 110 but ....Nah...

One thing about Salisbury's The Diff is certainly Dana 60 strong but the Axles are not as strong as the Toyota shafts Jim or I are having made.

To give you an Idea about how strong these little 30 spliners are I had a Jeep CJ7, built 401, 3.2 T Case gears, 4.88's in the diffs on 39.5 TSL's I desperatly wanted to go 35 spline so I tried to break them, Couldn't in two years..

locrwln

Expedition Leader
So Matt, how did the gear install go? Did everything go well, are you all quiet and smooth now?

Jack

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
locrwln said:
So Matt, how did the gear install go? Did everything go well, are you all quiet and smooth now?

Jack

The bearings didn't look good when he took them out, so we put new ones in with the new gears too. No sense in putting in questionable bearings... Andy said that the gears patterned great, but this set is still noisy. I've heard others say the 4.11's are noisy, it's just a question of whether or not they get worse... The last set got worse (louder) over time, so we'll see.

I do know one thing though, this is the last set of rover gears I'm putting in. If this set starts to get louder as time goes by, then I'm just going to leave it in until I can afford the toyota conversion. Toy V6 4.10 3rd member (with e locker:costumed-smiley-007 )with Rovertracks 30 spline axles.

I like the sound of that...

I'm not sure where to look for the toy diff though? IH8MUD is probably my best bet i guess? what do you think Jack?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles