Cummins 4BT powered FJ60

NothingClever

Explorer
I'd love to score this rig but I just keep coming up short on where to stop along the highway for 50 gallons of waste vegetable oil in Central or South America.

Willman

Dear Santa,

I want this 60 series LC for Christmas Please!

I Will be a better boy!!! I promise!

Your freind,

NothingClever

Explorer
On the other hand, if the engine could be converted to run on manteca, I'll snap it up faster than you can say "cooked in saturated fat".

Grease Cruiser

Adventurer
NothingClever said:
On the other hand, if the engine could be converted to run on manteca, I'll snap it up faster than you can say "cooked in saturated fat".

It'll run on manteca right now. People around the world are running on Lard. It has to be heated the same way just like veggie oil. You may have to thin the manteca with a little diesel but I bet it would run on it as is. Just filter it really well and get all the water out of it, you'll be fine.

NothingClever said:
I'd love to score this rig but I just keep coming up short on where to stop along the highway for 50 gallons of waste vegetable oil in Central or South America.

The veggie oil tank is about 35 gallons and you can find WVO in Central & South America, you just have to look for it and it may take a little time.

These guys were able to find a way:
http://www.oilandwaterproject.org/Oil_+_Water_-_The_Movie_-_The_Adventure.html

Grease Cruiser

Adventurer
Willman said:
Dear Santa,

I want this 60 series LC for Christmas Please!

I Will be a better boy!!! I promise!

Your freind,

You know.... you have been a good boy this year, I've checked my list twice. Santa is willing to negotiate. ;)

NothingClever: Since this rig will run on manteca as is, you can send the check to Ian @ Proffitt's Cruisers. PM me for an address. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94