Trailers with tents

Steve Curren

Explorer
I don't know if I am late, as usual, in learning this but I want to get the word out anyway. I discovered that the trailer rocks a bit when you are in the tent and moving about, I found a stabilizer online that fits nicely under the rear , front or sides and stops the rocking. It's from Wayne's Stabilizer, I had thought about jack stands and a number of things until I found this item.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
I picked up a pair of small trailer jacks for $15...they work great.

:luxhello:

Steve Curren

Explorer
I saw a stabilizer under Mario's trailer in Phoenix and I believe they are the similar if not the same, light and go up quickly. I was going to do the jack stands but I could not find what I wanted.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Steve, the 28" Wayne's RV stabilizer is what we use on the trailers. Nice & simple. Allen, there's one on it's way inside Harry's cargo box. The concept that Ed is using could do double duty for roadside repairs if the rating is sufficient.

The flexibility of the suspension that makes is work so well off road does make a night in the tent seem like being on board. If you're a swabbie, you'll be rocked to sleep but land lubbers may prefer the solid feel a stabilizer gives to the tent platform.Personal preference rules....:tent:

Steve Curren

Explorer
Mario,
Thanks for the info, after the outing I just may have to get one. I am indeed a land lubber and need to be steady for once in my life..
Thanks much,
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online