Info/Ideas/Pics...etc...

91xlt

Adventurer
looking for different ways to modify a M416, or any trailer for camping/outing uses. ANY...i mean ANY info would be appreciated!

just picked up the m416...have some ideas and thoughts, some of them not exactly conventional. before i steart throwing my thoughts/wishes out, i wanted to hear from those of you who have walked the walk. thanks:camping:

atavuss

Adventurer
this is a Chuckwalla tent trailer that was made in the 60's. it was used in southern california by a Jeep club. not sure if one guy was doing the mods and selling the trailers or if a bunch of club members did their own. judging by the lunette hitch it was probably a M100 or WWll trailer.
chuckwalla.jpg

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
M416

The first modification I made was to do a spring over and do new wheels and tires, then I sand blasted and repainted, lengthened the tongue and added a rack and a rootop tent which works well, but I want to improve on it so the rack can be raised and lowered with one person.

It is an ongoing build to try and see if I can ever spend enough money on it that I wish I would have bought a Kimberly Kamper instead...:D

Attachments

• Camping 2006 001.jpg
    Camping 2006 001.jpg
    847 KB · Views: 180

kai38

Explorer
Sgt Grunt said:
The first modification I made was to do a spring over and do new wheels and tires, then I sand blasted and repainted, lengthened the tongue and added a rack and a rootop tent which works well, but I want to improve on it so the rack can be raised and lowered with one person.

It is an ongoing build to try and see if I can ever spend enough money on it that I wish I would have bought a Kimberly Kamper instead...:D
I did a S/O on my 416 too but cant find shocks. What did you use?
Thanks
Kirk

kai38

Explorer
91xlt said:
looking for different ways to modify a M416, or any trailer for camping/outing uses. ANY...i mean ANY info would be appreciated!

just picked up the m416...have some ideas and thoughts, some of them not exactly conventional. before i steart throwing my thoughts/wishes out, i wanted to hear from those of you who have walked the walk. thanks:camping:

Heres pictures of my trailer and a few others with pictures of the spring over
http://www.pbase.com/kai38/m_416_trailers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles