need turn signal help 99 dodge

travel dodge

Adventurer
1999 dodge ram CTD

Alright I need help.. My bumper shifted shorting out both of my front turn signals and now I can't seem to get them to work. I have checked all the fuses and all of them seem ok both in the cab and under the hood. I replaced the multifunction switch thinking that may be my problem but that did no good. I have also found that my wipers only work on the fast setting not the intermittent setting and all the internet searching I have done leads me to believe that the CTM (central timing module) is to blame as it is said to control the wipers, horn (which works), remote entry(not sure no remotes), and turn signals. I went to the dealer today and was told they run from $100-375. I called back with my VIN and was told the parts guy could not find a CTM for my truck... I have not been able to find one on the web either. I am not sure what to do next and can't find any wiring diagrams that help me find out what part to replace so I can have turn signals for the winter. When I flip the switch nothing happens front or rear and I can't hear any clicking in the flasher and there are no hazards either.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
have you checked inside the underhood master fuse box? When I have had weird things happen ( like, one taillight out, one headlight only lighting 1/4 power ) I have pulled the cover and checked out the fuses in there. Always have found something blown. Most of the circuits in todays vehicles are broken down into seperate links and the fuses are up under the hood, instead of trying to cram them all under the dash.

Of course, if you have already tried this route......not really sure what could be causing all the trouble.

Good luck!

98dango

Expedition Leader
master fuse or relay

I work for a mopar dealer if u would like to pm me your vin i can look it up and give u the cool guy price

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles