Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mountain X

Default Mountain X

Well I've been around the site and forums for a while so I thought I would introduce my X. I recognize a few rigs on this site and have actually had the pleasure of wheeling lefthand canyon with a few of ya (Creek and Robust57).

My X started out being a 4WD unit to get me and my snowboard up to the hills. I've done the 2" BL, PML, threw some 33" BFG's on there, a bunch of miscellaneous mods, and I herculined the **** out of it.

I hate the brush guard that's on there but I got it for 40 bucks and it's only temporary. I may be getting an ARB for a sweet deal but ill have to cut it up and re-weld for the BL.

I plan on puttin a snorkel and sliders and skidz and rear tire carrier and all that whatnot but im in school right now and the funds are limited.

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

Very nice. I like the mountain-look to it. Is the black all hurculiner?
    '05 Nissan Frontier Build Thread

'08 Nissan Xterra Build Thread

'09 Suzuki V Strom DL650 Build Thread

You can read all the stories and watch all the videos you want, but there's no substitute for just getting out there and doing it.

yoooo....long time no see. The X looks a bit different than last time I saw it. Nice work. We'll have to run LHC again soon - I'm getting a rear locker and titan front diff this week, so I'm game for the squeeze.
    "Just Enjoy Life While You're Here"

'07 Nissan Xterra S - lifted, armored, ready to go

Is the black all hurculiner?
    The only things that aren't herculined is the front and rear bumper and the brushguard. Im planning on getting new front and rear bumpers eventually and then ill herc those but for now I spray painted them black to match the herc.

I'm getting a rear locker and titan front diff this week, so I'm game for the squeeze.
    Dude your X is too sick, and we'll definitely have to run LH again... hell I live 15 minutes from the trailhead so im always ready to go.. might go later this afternoon it's been raining all day and there's bound to be a lot of mud.

Very cool mate, the black and white works well.. looks great
    2005 Nissan GU IV Patrol 4.2-ST

5" RidePro Lift * 35" Mickey T MTZ's * Front ARB Locker * Lightforce XGT's
    * LongRanger Tank * 3" Exhaust * Dual Batteries * 60ltr Engel * GME UHF * on board laptop navagation * custom rear drawers
    * Milweld rear bar * ARB rook rack with Ironman RTT *
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=18104

Welcome to the Expo.
    Mike
    2005 NISMO CC 4X4-ICON 2.5 coilovers,AC 3 leaf pack,Bilstein shocks, 3" Body lift, Titan front differential, Pathfinder half shafts, 305/70R16, American Outlaw Colt wheels, KMA rear bumper, Black Widow Off Road hi-lift mount, Home made utilitrac spare tire mount, Airflow snorkel, Shrockworks sliders and skids

I have a Miller 220 Tig and soon ill have a Hobart 140 Mig and im hoping to start fabricating some custom front and rear bumpers. I would like to make these bumpers out of 3/16's aluminum and then herculine the entire bumpers. I'm also planning on fabing up some sliders out of 3/16 steel. Im curious to know of any builds you guys know of that are custom, or aluminum work would be cool too. I've been searching a lot of sites and other various clubs, Im just curious if you guys know anything I haven't already seen, even if its not a Nissan.

Its a winter project but come spring I should have some pieces completed and ready for the trails.

Duuuuuude....I have a '63 Patrol Body and Frame sitting in FtCo. Any welding help would be appreciated. We're not restoring her...we're making a truggy out of her.

http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11745
    Last edited by Creek; 10-20-2008 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creek
    Duuuuuude....I have a '63 Patrol Body and Frame sitting in FtCo. Any welding help would be appreciated. We're not resorting her...we're making a truggy out of her.

http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11745
    oh great just when i thought i was on enough forums!!!
    2005 Nissan GU IV Patrol 4.2-ST

5" RidePro Lift * 35" Mickey T MTZ's * Front ARB Locker * Lightforce XGT's
    * LongRanger Tank * 3" Exhaust * Dual Batteries * 60ltr Engel * GME UHF * on board laptop navagation * custom rear drawers
    * Milweld rear bar * ARB rook rack with Ironman RTT *
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=18104

Quote Originally Posted by miller_au
    oh great just when i thought i was on enough forums!!!
    hahahha....sorry

this is what we're trying to do with it...sort of

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast