Mountain X

Steeze

Observer
Well I've been around the site and forums for a while so I thought I would introduce my X. I recognize a few rigs on this site and have actually had the pleasure of wheeling lefthand canyon with a few of ya (Creek and Robust57).

My X started out being a 4WD unit to get me and my snowboard up to the hills. I've done the 2" BL, PML, threw some 33" BFG's on there, a bunch of miscellaneous mods, and I herculined the **** out of it.

I hate the brush guard that's on there but I got it for 40 bucks and it's only temporary. I may be getting an ARB for a sweet deal but ill have to cut it up and re-weld for the BL.

I plan on puttin a snorkel and sliders and skidz and rear tire carrier and all that whatnot but im in school right now and the funds are limited.

p6270003fp3.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

p6270005ls0.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

Creek

Adventurer
yoooo....long time no see. The X looks a bit different than last time I saw it. Nice work. We'll have to run LHC again soon - I'm getting a rear locker and titan front diff this week, so I'm game for the squeeze.

Steeze

Observer
Is the black all hurculiner?

The only things that aren't herculined is the front and rear bumper and the brushguard. Im planning on getting new front and rear bumpers eventually and then ill herc those but for now I spray painted them black to match the herc.

I'm getting a rear locker and titan front diff this week, so I'm game for the squeeze.

Dude your X is too sick, and we'll definitely have to run LH again... hell I live 15 minutes from the trailhead so im always ready to go.. might go later this afternoon it's been raining all day and there's bound to be a lot of mud.

Steeze

Observer
I have a Miller 220 Tig and soon ill have a Hobart 140 Mig and im hoping to start fabricating some custom front and rear bumpers. I would like to make these bumpers out of 3/16's aluminum and then herculine the entire bumpers. I'm also planning on fabing up some sliders out of 3/16 steel. Im curious to know of any builds you guys know of that are custom, or aluminum work would be cool too. I've been searching a lot of sites and other various clubs, Im just curious if you guys know anything I haven't already seen, even if its not a Nissan.

Its a winter project but come spring I should have some pieces completed and ready for the trails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles