Dream Expedition vehicle

Outback

Explorer
Dream Expedition vehicle.

What is your dream Expedition vehicle? What engine and or type of fuel? How would it be equipped?

Outback

Explorer
For me my Dream Expedition vehicle would be based on a Volvo C306 or TGB 1317. This is the Swedish 6X6 radio truck. The engine would be transplanted with a Baby Power stroke Diesel engine and a NV4500 or NV5600 transmission. The inside would see a restroom and very small shower facility. Diesel burners for cooking. room to sleep 4 adults comfortably. A/c and heater would be from RED DOT with an auxillary diesel fired heater for those cold nights camping. 35" Super swamper Trxus MTs all around. On board air system and all the usual goods needed.

http://uk.geocities.com/john.roddam@btinternet.com/

This is a Volvo C306 that has been outfitted for Expedition use. This is close to what I would like.

Last edited:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Mine would have to be a Land Cruiser 75 series Troop Carrier. Like this one only white.
bj73.jpg

Diesel please. Set it up with living accomodations in the back and the requisite recovery gear and I'm good to go. My 80 is getting close to my dream, but this would be the ultimate for me.

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
Well, we will see in a few years, but hope to score one of these(dont know how yet).......

Attachments

• 600CIMG4861.jpg
    600CIMG4861.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 273

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
OK...I think I changed my mind...maybe.

I have been ogling the Pinzgauer 710K and think that might make a great expedition vehicle project...interior conversion, incorporate a pop up tent into the roof, extended range fuel tank...might be a winner!

Who knows? :ylsmoke:

ShearPin

Adventurer
Land Rover 130 Crew Cab

I pirated this photo off of an overland forum - Land Rover 130 Crew cab. As a father to be my Series III SWB is going to need a bigger brother one day.... If money was no object this would be my ideal.

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

Attachments

• 2003_07_23%20094.jpeg
    2003_07_23%20094.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 715

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94