Dream Expedition vehicle

Brian894x4

Explorer
http://www.brian894x4.com/images/InnovationHZJ74a.jpg
http://www.brian894x4.com/images/InnovationHZJ74c.jpg

This baby right here. It's got the best of all worlds. Very compact, short so it's easy to turn around on the trail. Plenty of camping room, pop up. It's Toyota 70 series, which is all ya need.

I'd want the latest Toyota turbo diesel I-6, but as long we're dreaming, make mine with the very, very latest Toyota diesel V-8 they're coming out with in a year or two.

Of course fully locked, but I'd keep the lift and tire size minimal for better handling with all that top end weight.

Oh, and the bumper has to go. I would do something much different than the one in the pics. :D

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
My dream expedition vehicle is actually two vehicles:
1st this:
normal_IMG_2639small.jpg
With single rear wheels and a custom hardside pop-up camper in place of the bus body

Then this (tow behind):
b0_12.JPG

Cheers
Mark

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
seth_js said:
dream expedition vehicle, huh? put me back 100 years and gimme one of these...

sly%20stallion%20page.jpg

...and I'm set.

Like your way of thinking. Have thought about riding horseback from Castlegate to Robbers Roost. Kinda re-living the CastleGate hold up...... Then I remember that I need to learn how to ride.........

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Here's mine, see photo below. We have a similar sort of wide ranging topic going on in our "Blazer Chalet & GMC Casa Grande owners" Yahoo Autos Groups forum, Doug W. hinted that I should check out this site...

I simply live for my yearly Colorado Rockies "expeditions"! I've had to 'make-do' for 10 years with a car having 3 inches of ground clearance, a tent with no heater, and a cot that is getting more uncomfortable with each passing of my 39th birthday anniversary. Call me lazy for not wanting to walk more, but my objective within a year or two is to take my 1977 Blazer Chalet (purchased in March 2006, currently being refurbished) to places I can't get to with my '86 Volkswagen GTI, camp there for as long as I wish and explore the really gnarly nasty narrow roads with my future 2wd motorcycle (Rokon Scout most likely), which will be easier to maneuver than a quad. Or I think it will, at least.... I'll drive off that bridge when I get to it......

Attachments

• Chalet Nirvana 1.jpg
    Chalet Nirvana 1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:

Redback

Adventurer
How about one of these beauties, made in Australia and run a Perkins diesel engine.
bog.jpg

DUAL CAB
okaout.jpg

OR
MULTI-CAB
multicab.jpg

OR
tourbus.jpg

New OKA NT Model

OKA's NT model vehicle was designed so that it would meet Australian Military vehicle requirements. Other new design requirements that were put upon the new NT model OKA were to bring the exhaust emission up to world standards, namely the new Euro III exhaust emissions and at the same time enhance vehicle capabilities for all OKA 4WD users.

Part of the design program was to also try and include more off the shelf/most used automotive components. Making spares even more readily availiable and cheaper to our world market whilst at the same time reducing servicing/running costs.

Baz.

Ron B

Explorer
seriously...I've never seen anything like that! Pretty cool -- I thought my truck was too wide. There's some great stuff on their site -- including some used vehicles. If only I had an extra $500k laying around.

It looks like this is how one avoids certain death while changing a tire...

rb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles