avalache build anyone

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Suburban went to a happy home. No worries. The Avalanche does all it did...better :)

The exhaust is MBRP S5000AL Aluminized. Quality and fit is very good. No quirky break in noises like the Cherry Bomb system it replaced. I was a little hesitant at first. The pricing is very good. Sometimes you get what you pay for. In this case I feel that I got much more. :)

Stryder106

Explorer
Hey Henry - I also replaced the exhaust on my 02 Av. It's louder than stock for sure, but not the drone or what I would call loud (if I want loud I have a drag car for that). I also had it rerouted to be tucked up higher between the frame rails and exit as just a slight turn down ahead of the rear wheel so it won't get inadvertently crushed by anything. It's also higher up so less likely to suck in water.

Is that an awning in your pic? I've been considering getting one. Which one did you get and how does it fit on the Av? Thanks.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
...Is that an awning in your pic? I've been considering getting one. Which one did you get and how does it fit on the Av? Thanks.
It is an awning.

DSCN0655.JPG

Mine is a CampingLabs awning. This is the second vehicle that I have used it on. I like it :)

RedF

Adventurer
Great looking Avalanche. Do you have a side profile picture of the front bumper? I'm curious how far it sticks out and how low it hangs.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys!
Approach angle is better than stock bumper.

bumper2.jpg

Even with the winch on the front , IIRC

bumper3.jpg

Trying to find a straight on side shot is tough (seems like we are taught to always do a 3/4 view ;) )

lgulch20162.jpg
sideshot.jpg

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Hood paint started peeling last winter :( Finally had something done about it:
shinyhood.jpg

Had the hood louvers painted body color too.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
ridgegrappler10-2018.jpg

Put on new shoes :) 285/75-17 Nitto Ridge Grappler. Smooth and quiet .

I had very good luck and tire wear from the Nitto Terra Grappler. 4 years later and still half tread or more. ( 11/32 ) The Ridge Grappler is a nice hybrid Mud/AT tire. I have high hopes for their performance.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Added a new water tank.
HTDhwE2iq1NRG3-6AR1FOz_VSWfHU81G2lcK0tjbQahNLgnOtOVnDBiwkSmiYJ3lWi2ghYcoUsBf8wIhqpDSf5L5Xcc_MMz5-uYPTts1RzuCpvQEow_Z8gIsfA6eTZ428l4yFNYztbl50KxzbeM-c7TNl3D_ek9TZfE1yP-Ah_CrrXry4U5GfrlMny6U_SoGPNR31MyTvHTUjF_If9VmbYu8UYH-fhlCRrHCSeITb3afX3LEMO-4PlQmkNsNzf6R7ptzubJPETdJS5d5okWHKNty9I3vWJ02BCjyWTss1A7ZZBpscb7-Nhn-ZzzFvnmW3E6EcoEz-Eoa4m_EZ3gTPOGTaIklJdenuVFjF1pk7DHS-SYaF67fbvPgAp4CIWuXBX1dS2tEkaVFylm_dYvHxLkPfs1Mc0LgpU0jY0VhkZc-uAmZCdJEoxUm7A-Ghma4tDacrK49H1J8cT1j1p5tOQcN_xkM_76H4qyU4vPERCOuQbkv69SR7TT2wOPpBNDHjjruVbAZl3SZ3_5e7Gzyg3HQKqmDzaF0oS91SX4TYqGn5a3VcFHeAmuBZBOOHo7lZFeY0Pyd-o_xRYwjkz7d0M5OqD4CJRuBYyCVqJV8hQyQHf6xqwMJUCLf9li-E5FSs16VaPj0VZitIGJY3hBsS7fV=w1823-h1025-no

This replaces the hand pump sprayer that we had been using. Hopefully a good upgrade in volume and convenience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giobarra