avalache build anyone

bdyer

Observer
I just sold my 03 lc to sleeoffroad, and have a 08 avalanche and am looking for ideas. Has anyone built an avalache yet.

eugene

Explorer
There are a lot of ideas over at the chevy avalanche fan club and of course anything for a silverado, tahoe, and suburban matches the front half.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Back from the dust 2years and two days!

Was there an expedition build of an Avalanche? My truck ThunderII is gone. We needed room for a TW200 in the back and power to pull at higher altitudes. A little extra space inside is nice too ,with a growing boy.

Av1.JPG
Av2.JPG

Lots of work to get it where I had the last.

First things are upgrades for new tires and floor covering. It needs them now and the rainy season is upon us. Thirty days to snow for me.

Programmer, floormats, catback exhaust, and Bell spacers ordered. I'll find Ford keys and a roof rack tomorrow, I hope.
I still have not decided upon the tires. I'll lift it and see what my clearances are before I decide.
Right now the BFG TAKO 285/70-17 is on the short list.

FreeManDan

Adventurer
Good aftermarket support as its similar to other models, roof rack, topper, roof rack on the topper, available silverado bumper w/ jerry cans, titan fuel tank, ect. Try and convince me it's not a viable platform to build from...and from now on, be cool and call it the lanch:sombrero:

I thought I might throw out this suggestion..

I have a 1st gen 4runner, and I am in the process of adapting a flippac to fit it....

Well, the wife and I were talking about what will happen when our space requirements increase.. I said, "well.. we'd need a 4 door car for sure.. even now the car seat is going to be a hassle in the 4runner.. and I ike the option of having a truck if need be... I wish they made a modern 1st gen 4runner.."

thats when it dawned on me.. the avalanche is in theory a modern 1st gen 4runner, it had the space of an SUV when needed, and the utility of a truck.. but it doesnt have the rear cargo space.. uness you put a campershell on it..

so I thought about how kickass it would be to have an avalance with the flippac attached, you would be able to have a pass through, and be able to get inside the flippac without walking all the way around the truck... all you'd need to do is flip the handle and your are ready to rock..

you should probably go ahead and do that..

mostly cause I want to see it done..:drool:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Pretty cool pop-up.

Lift is done on mine. Took about an hour and a half to raise the front a little over two inches and the rear just over one inch. Tomorrow the alignment and Monday my tires will be here. 285/70-17 BFG TAKO.
Jotto desk, roof rack and the rest of the stuff to be installed is in the garage waiting their turns.

bdbecker

Adventurer
Pretty cool pop-up.

Lift is done on mine. Took about an hour and a half to raise the front a little over two inches and the rear just over one inch. Tomorrow the alignment and Monday my tires will be here. 285/70-17 BFG TAKO.
Jotto desk, roof rack and the rest of the stuff to be installed is in the garage waiting their turns.

Didn't happen unless you post pictures... :sombrero:

I like the idea of a 'lanch expo vehicle, I'll be following this one for sure!

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Didn't happen unless you post pictures... :sombrero:
I've been very busy lately. Sorry it is taking so long.
Here is the Ford F150 key stacked on top of the stock key.

keys.JPG

You can see the difference.
No problem aligning it back up. I could have raised it another inch or so easily. Plenty of adjustment left. I gave it one inch of rake.

lift.JPG
lift2.JPG

Pictures don't show the difference very well. After Halloween I should have time to install the roof rack, and maybe the Jotto desk. Monday the new tires should be here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste