Big custom camper sightings

sarconcepts

Adventurer
Back in 1984, I had a '69' Pontiac Grand Prix, 400 cubic inch engine, 4 barrel carburetor, black, aluminum wheels, big tires on the rear, a hood that seemed like 10' long just like a jet, she was an amazing beast.
I parked it once next to a '69' corvette Stingray, thinking I'd let these two flying machines get to know each other, when I came back out to the parking lot & got my 'first glimpse' of these two lovebirds. I realized just how boxy & square my Grand Prix was, being right next to the most curvaceous car ever made.
kind of like the hot girl-in-school's sweet retarded brother
I was never able to see it the same again.. ..

Last edited:

Falkon

Adventurer
Zion Park around April 13-14

My wife and I were staying at the Majestic view in Springdale just outside of Zion and saw a gorgeous grey Roamer. It looked to be a family with teenagers. I wanted to say hello, but the only time I saw anyone near it, it was raining pretty good. Looked like a sweet rig!:smiley_drive:

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Back in 1984, I had a '69' Pontiac Grand Prix, 400 cubic inch engine, 4 barrel carburetor, black, aluminum wheels, big tires on the rear, a hood that seemed like 10' long just like a jet, she was an amazing beast.
I parked it once next to a '69' corvette Stingray, thinking I'd let these two flying machines get to know each other, when I came back out to the parking lot & got my 'first glimpse' of these two lovebirds. I realized just how boxy & square my Grand Prix was, being right next to the most curvaceous car ever made.
kind of like the hot girl-in-school's sweet retarded brother
I was never able to see it the same again.. ..

A most excellent analogy, sir ! :coffeedrink:

ronner

How the Overland Expo came to us!

Thanks EarthRoamers, it was a treat to see your rigs.
Just got back from a trip to the AZ strip. We were considering going to the Overland Expo on the way home, but we decided to spend more time in the Strip. While at Toroweap, a "pack" of EarthRoamers came into camp.
Side Story: Funny thing is that we tried to get reservations for the group camp for the 16th, 17th and 18th, but someone already had the 17th, so we took the 16th and 18th. As it turned out, we did not make it to the Toroweap campground till the 17th (the night we did not have reservations). Even though no one had arrived at the group camp, we decided to take the 2 remaining regular campsites (we were 4 vehicles and only 2 per campsite allowed). While relaxing in camp the next day, an Earthroamer drives into the campground, then another, then another... I think a total of 8 EarthRoamers with supporting trucks and guides on motorcycles. I chatted with the organizer and he is the one who had the group camp reservation the night before. Lucky for them I had the group camp reservation for this night and gave it to them. They could not fit all their vehicles into the group camp, so one of them parked in the camp where my Jeep was parked (one of our group was leaving that day). A real unexpected treat to see them. It was entertaining to watch them drive the camp road (surprsingly it was the toughest road we found during our Az Strip trip).
AZStrip(0003).jpgAZStrip(0008).jpg

mph

Expedition Leader
Just saw a 550 ER pulling a Jeep in the Walmart parking lot of Park City. If you would like a nicer view; feel free to PM me and you can stay at my house:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles