Big custom camper sightings

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
ATVs/Quads, motorcycles ???

I can see the attraction of being able to drive out into the boonies for a few days with your toys, but it's not really a practical proposition for an extended long distance trip. Most travellers seem to prefer the freedom of a more practically sized rig, and are willing to sacrifice having the kitchen sink with them.

PoloTurbo

Observer
Saw the first one in my life on I-89 yesterday coming back home to Qc in my big RV from Acadia/White/Green Mountain.
Awesome looking light grey rig.

01tundra

Explorer
Still not exactly sure what I ran into, but they were heading to the beach in Corolla, NC this past weekend :ylsmoke:

They were marked "MAN Truck & Bus" / "TGM 13.290".

er1_zpsvqt89yep.jpg

er2_zps2jgeouxr.jpg

er3_zpsy1ck0olc.jpg

Last edited:

Pinstripe

Adventurer
^
That's Jean-Marie & Simone (driving Simba) and Guy & Chantal. They landed in Halifax on May 29 using a Ro-Ro with a ship called the Atlantic Cartier (edit: they used Seabridge) and were in NYC at the end of July; they are currently in Nashville on their way west. Both trucks are TGM 13-290, fairly new builds.

Here they are at the port changing over to the NA propane.
MEMO0029.jpg

Last edited:

01tundra

Explorer
Very cool.

Wish I had known that they were coming through Nashville.

If you hear from them while they're in Nashville let them know that if they need a pit stop to do any repairs or to just relax, they are more than welcome at our place.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Wow, quite the truck for that little box... Looks like they can barely stand up in them... But, what ever, they look cool :)

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Jurien Bay Western Australia - Man Truck named Trax - previously an Amesz Coach before it was rebuilt
Man-Truck-Trax-and-Shannon-02.jpg

Man-Truck-Trax-and-Shannon-03.jpg

Last edited:

Tesoro

Here's a cool one

Sighting in nor cal. F550 4x4 diesel full fiberglass house.

Attachments

• IMG_4328.jpg
    IMG_4328.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 211

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles