Big custom camper sightings

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Are you serious? This truck has a top speed of maybe 50mph. Also, the cage is for protection from brush and trees, which are very common when a rig this large comes down the trail.

This truck is very aero compared to some and I get the brush guard but that square shape is bound to act like a pocket in the wind. I was making a statement about other trucks that have shovels, gear boxes, etc. all plastered over the vehicle and dragging through the wind. I've owned a Jeep before and can relate to the brick shape in the front; especially the wind shield. I spend a lot of time in the desert southwest where the wind is severe. It can cause your cruise control to kick off when a gust hits you.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
This truck is very aero compared to some and I get the brush guard but that square shape is bound to act like a pocket in the wind. I was making a statement about other trucks that have shovels, gear boxes, etc. all plastered over the vehicle and dragging through the wind.

I spend a lot of time in the desert southwest where the wind is severe. It can cause your cruise control to kick off when a gust hits you.

The branch guard on the MAN is just tubing mounted on standoff brackets about 2" in front of the truck. While it doesn't help with aerodynamics at all, I don't see how it could act like a pocket or parachute. As also stated, they aren't going to be going the same speed your 7.5 moves you, so probably a non-issue.

That said, I agree 100% about all the exo-caged rigs with everything zap-strapped all over the outside. On a V6 Jeep I bet it costs 3-4 mpg.

loonwheeler

Adventurer
attachment.php

Spotted on the East side of Denver yesterday. Owners reportedly just finished touring South and Central America before heading up to North America.

Website

Doc Foster

Adventurer
SPOTTED a Global Expedition Vehicle just outside D.C.

I spotted a Global Expedition Vehicle heading North on 95 in Virginia just South of the Washington Beltway outside D.C. Traffic was heavy, doing only about 25mph. It was LARGE and white, had the globalxvehicles logo on the side and a boom type winch on the back to lower the spare tire/wheel that was mounted quite high on the rear. Was too engrossed to grab a picture, then got caught ahead of it in traffic. Never seen anything like this so close to D.C. I have seen large vehicles like this and Earthroamers, etc. out West, but not here in Maryland or Virginia. I am sure they were bummed about being caught in traffic, a vehicle like that quite out of its element.

WayNorth

Volvo D13 from BC visiting Yukon, Canada

Good afternoon all,

While we were out shopping today, we came across this Volvo D13 from BC visiting Yukon, Canada filling up their Diesel Exhaust Fluid tank. The owners did not seem to want to talk, but he did say it was built in both Canada and USA.

Volvo_from_BC (2).jpg Volvo_from_BC (4).jpg Volvo_from_BC (6).jpg
Volvo_from_BC (7).jpg Volvo_from_BC (8).jpg

We thought we would share the photos with all of you.
Thanks,

Last edited:

WayNorth

Unimog from Austria visiting Yukon, Canada

Good afternoon all,

While we were out today, we came across this Unimog with lifting roof from Austria visiting Yukon, Canada

Expedition_Unimog (1).jpg Expedition_Unimog_2.jpg Expedition_Unimog_4.jpg
Expedition_Unimog_5.jpg Expedition_Unimog_6.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:

WayNorth

Mowag Duro from Switzerland visiting Yukon, Canada

Good afternoon all,

While we were out today, we came across this Mowag Duro from Switzerland visiting Yukon, Canada

Expedition_Mowag_Duro (6).jpg Expedition_Mowag_Duro (5).jpg
Expedition_Mowag_Duro (2).jpg Expedition_Mowag_Duro (3).jpg Expedition_Mowag_Duro (4).jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:

WayNorth

Unimog from Germany visiting Yukon, Canada

Good afternoon all,

While we were out, we came across a second Unimog today; this one was from Germany visiting Yukon, Canada. Nice guy willing to talk while he was getting a rock chip repaired on the windshield.

Expedition_Unimog_Germany (1).jpg Expedition_Unimog_Germany (2).jpg Expedition_Unimog_Germany (3).jpg
Expedition_Unimog_Germany (5).jpg Expedition_Unimog_Germany (6).jpg Expedition_Unimog_Germany (7).jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Good afternoon,

No, that's the owner siting down waiting for the glass tech guy to repair on a rock chip on the windshield of his Unimog.

Thanks,

Ha ha ha super. We have friends travelling in Expo Trucks and they tell us all the time that people climb up to look inside. Scratching the truck in the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles