Big custom camper sightings

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
No picture because I was driving, but I spotted an ER heading west on I-80 in NJ just east of the Delaware Water Gap. This was yesterday, October 10.

fnjeep314

Observer
I spotted one and a gas station in far northern CA(near Shasta Lakes/Mt Shasta area) back in late Sept. It was silver, I only got a quick front glimpse, but I knew right off of was an ER!! Totally jealous! I was on my 2 wheeled adventure bike, Triumph Tiger.

So a question, what kind of MPG's are people getting out of these? 7-9mpg's maybe? Do people modify them to improve gas mileage with programmers or exhaust?

MLPress #65

Observer
Seeing no replies to your question I'll offer mine. MPG varies with conditions of course. The new ones get up to 12 mpg, I hear. I get about 10+ on my 2008 ER. Many do add Edge programming etc to squeeze out a bit more. I was in Southern Calif last July (did a round-trip cross-country), so wasn't mine you saw :)

EMrider

Explorer
Saw two ERs up in the Eastern Sierras last week. Both on hwy395. One yesterday a bit north of Red Rock Canyon looked to be brand new with all the farkles. Very nice rigs.

R

SRUPike

Observer
Spotted a nice Actionmobil today in Ocoee Florida, not to far from
Disney and Orlando. Boondocking at a Walmart.image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg
Looks like they are from France and have driven up from Argentina, and have done quite a bit in the Americas.

MikeH

Observer
Earthroamer on I-8

Passed an Earthroamer on I-8 near Casa Grande, Az on the 7th of February. Had to turn around and get a better look. Very cool vehicle to see in person.

HumphreyBear

Adventurer
Last edited:

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
That's quite a beast for a single person. And here we were worrying that our Tiger was a bit on the large size!

duneyeti9

Big Custom

This Rig camped right across from us at Rio Grande village in Big Bend National Park in Mar of last year. It had a for sale sign in the window, the atlas on the back side showed this thing had been around the world. Didn't get to talk to the couple, possible eastern European, they had a lot of visitors so I never got a chance to chat.

Attachments

• Mann camper.jpg
    Mann camper.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 157

westyss

Explorer
This Rig camped right across from us at Rio Grande village in Big Bend National Park in Mar of last year. It had a for sale sign in the window, the atlas on the back side showed this thing had been around the world. Didn't get to talk to the couple, possible eastern European, they had a lot of visitors so I never got a chance to chat.

I saw that truck in Death Valley in April 2010 and have just recently read in someones travel blog that it is in South America and I think it was in Peru so its still travelling around, it is a fairly large rig!

colodak

Adventurer
drove by ER's shop today, looks like an ER convention going on, probably 10 finished or near finished vehicles parked outside and a couple more inside

Okanagone

I'm brand new here and this is my very first post. It is a bit critical.

Wow. I read the title of this thread, and thought "awesome lets see some Big Custom campers" you know - like the title said. Started skimming through the pages, and gave up at page 12, thinking I had accidentally leapt to an Earthroamer commercial/brochure/reunion. When I skipped to the last page, my faith was renewed. Behold, a non-ER at the top of the page. Woo hoo! Pretty cool rig actually. And two posts later, back into the ER commercial.

When I have more patience, I will have to skim through the rest of the pages for some other, interesting rigs. Having been to the ER site, I have a pretty good idea what all of them look like. So endeth my rant...

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
I'm brand new here and this is my very first post. It is a bit critical.

Wow. I read the title of this thread, and thought "awesome lets see some Big Custom campers" you know - like the title said. Started skimming through the pages, and gave up at page 12, thinking I had accidentally leapt to an Earthroamer commercial/brochure/reunion. When I skipped to the last page, my faith was renewed. Behold, a non-ER at the top of the page. Woo hoo! Pretty cool rig actually. And two posts later, back into the ER commercial.

When I have more patience, I will have to skim through the rest of the pages for some other, interesting rigs. Having been to the ER site, I have a pretty good idea what all of them look like. So endeth my rant...

Hello & Welcome!

Perhaps in your eagerness to make your first critical post you missed the fact that you were posting in a sub forum which resides in the one whose title is;

Forum: EarthRoamer, Global Expedition Vehicles, Unicat

I highlighted in bold the relevant manufacturer!

And as the submitted vehicles are those spotted by members, the majority of whom (I assume) live in the US, and whom happen to spot Earthromer vehicles, which are made in the US, and the majority of which (I assume) are sold to people living in the US, and so used in the US, where they get spotted by the aforementioned members and posted on here!

What's so difficult to comprehend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles