Big custom camper sightings

GR8ADV

Explorer
Large orange MOG camper spotted on the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton on 8-16-14. We didn't get a chance to take pictures as we were trying to keep our own rig from bouncing off the road (his teeth were visibly gritted as we passed). I would have loved to stop and chat about his adventures in that thing!

SG

Gritting of teeth on the Cabot Trail? I don't get it. Except for the nice wide gravel road to Meat Cove, that is a very nice and paved highway.

photo_i

Explorer
Gritting of teeth on the Cabot Trail? I don't get it. Except for the nice wide gravel road to Meat Cove, that is a very nice and paved highway.

I wouldn't call it nice. :) But then again - paved roads all over the North East are in terrible condition, Cabot Trail is no exception.

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
This belongs to Ryan an Jeffry, we met them in a state park in Texas last December and they were at the beginning of a long trip up to the NW. I think Ryan posted some build pics on the forum somewhere

spencyg

This Space For Rent

I haven't seen pavement much worse than what we came across on the Cabot trail. I guess road repairs fall pretty far down the list in a socialized economy ;)

They don't bother fixing pavement up there....just just throw another "rough road ahead" sign up. The road to Meat Cove had many sections that were far smoother than the paved sections leading up to it.

SG

GR8ADV

Explorer
I haven't seen pavement much worse than what we came across on the Cabot trail. I guess road repairs fall pretty far down the list in a socialized economy ;)

They don't bother fixing pavement up there....just just throw another "rough road ahead" sign up. The road to Meat Cove had many sections that were far smoother than the paved sections leading up to it.

SG

Holy cow, are we really now worrying about the condition of a too rough paved road in our high priced adventure vehicles? My last trip around the trail was this past June in a cheap rental car. I took a chance and got one without a winch! Got lucky I guess.

Robert907

Observer
The Texas tagged mog with the shovels standing in the front bumper was at OXE I think. Is their a build thread anywhere for that?

foxhunter

Adventurer
The Texas mog owner is not a member of this site, and he has a build thread on a closed site. I will ask him to share here as it is quite a build. I will tell him there is interest here, and he may share.

foxhunter

Adventurer
"The owner provided these pics to be posted here and wishes to express his thanks for all
the support from the Unimog and overlanding communities over the years."
DSCN4740.jpegDSCN4742.jpegDSCN4739.jpeg

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
I saw this waiting to be shipped at Baltimore docks. Does anyone know anything about it. Looks like a Stewart & Stevenson chassis but the box looks a bit homebrew.

31YyPGc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles