Big custom camper sightings

AMSarge

Observer
That Host is in Bend, OR and for sale. Was sitting on the side of the road with a for sale sign - $150,000. Has 6,200 miles. Just saw it yesterday.

skruface

Hadn't seen this thread, so I will add.

Last summer (2013) I spotted these 2 vehicles while on my lunch break. I work in a tiny rural high school in a tiny rural community (Oak Bank, Manitoba, Canada); these rigs were parked outside a local restaurant. I immediately grabbed by camera and started shooting, without even checking the settings (hence the crap exposure). The owners, a lovely pair of German couples, were working on their rigs. I asked if they spoke English and needed help; they were very friendly and assured me they were OK. They had been headed to the nearest large urban centre (Winnipeg, about 15km away) to get their radio equipment repaired, but had been told to come to Oakbank to the tiny satellite TV dealer who could also repair their radios. They were very nice, and we chatted for a few minutes. They had shipped their rigs from Germany to Nova Scotia and were making their way across Canada from East to West. I have no real info on the vehicles; I just thought they were amazing.

_MG_7325.jpg
_MG_7313.jpg
_MG_7326.jpg
_MG_7314.jpg

beardus supremous

Adventurer
Spotted an earthroamer in The Forks, Maine yesterday and saw it leaving Solon, Maine today. Had Vermont plates, but I was on the move, didn't get pics.

motrhed

Observer
Hadn't seen this thread, so I will add.

Last summer (2013) I spotted these 2 vehicles while on my lunch break. I work in a tiny rural high school in a tiny rural community (Oak Bank, Manitoba, Canada); these rigs were parked outside a local restaurant. I immediately grabbed by camera and started shooting, without even checking the settings (hence the crap exposure). The owners, a lovely pair of German couples, were working on their rigs. I asked if they spoke English and needed help; they were very friendly and assured me they were OK. They had been headed to the nearest large urban centre (Winnipeg, about 15km away) to get their radio equipment repaired, but had been told to come to Oakbank to the tiny satellite TV dealer who could also repair their radios. They were very nice, and we chatted for a few minutes. They had shipped their rigs from Germany to Nova Scotia and were making their way across Canada from East to West. I have no real info on the vehicles; I just thought they were amazing.

View attachment 227469
View attachment 227470
View attachment 227471
View attachment 227472

The white/red Mog was at Overland Expo this year.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
We spotted an Earthroamer headed east on Canadian Rt 1 near St Johns New Brunswick on 8-21-14. I really wish we had a chance to stop and see the rig up close. Looked very well outfitted.

SG

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Large orange MOG camper spotted on the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton on 8-16-14. We didn't get a chance to take pictures as we were trying to keep our own rig from bouncing off the road (his teeth were visibly gritted as we passed). I would have loved to stop and chat about his adventures in that thing!

SG

TTaM

Spotted this in Minneapolis today

10419378_837875573887_2774248476419835106_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles