I'll take Potent Potables for $100 Alex.

lowenbrau

Explorer
the dude said:
IMO if you have to dip your cigars in rum...you need better cigars!!:eek:

My fav is Dalwhinnie but tonight I am drinking a 15 year old Glenmorangie:ylsmoke:

Hmmm, I guess the sun is over the yardarm. I think I'll find a comfy chair and a book and settle in with a bottle. I'll run over to the local liquor barn first and see if they have The Macallan.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
rusty_tlc said:
Oh yeah!

I'm going to have to bring a bottle of port on the next trip.

If its a trip that I will be along please make it a bottle of Ramos Pintos 40-year old Tawny...that'll do me just fine sir!

:jump:

rusty_tlc

Explorer
spressomon said:
If its a trip that I will be along please make it a bottle of Ramos Pintos 40-year old Tawny...that'll do me just fine sir!

:jump:
$90 a bottle?

Your not that cute.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Lagavullin. A smokey and peaty single malt, guaranteed to cause contemplation

K2RVR

Adventurer
elcoyote said:

I'll have to try the Lagavullin tonight as I've been contemplated for a few days.. Does it help bloating and gas?

SLOwag

Adventurer
...back to Tequila while the weather's still warm. I've been enjoying the crisp silvers lately: Chinaco and 1921. Nothing too pricey and thoroughly enjoyable.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
SLOwag said:
...back to Tequila while the weather's still warm. I've been enjoying the crisp silvers lately: Chinaco and 1921. Nothing too pricey and thoroughly enjoyable.
If you like tequila try German Kirschwasser. It's an unsweetened cherry brandy with a flavor a lot like tequila.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
elcoyote said:

Peaty?...just a wee bit.

Although the American versions taste a bit like Ronsinol lighter fluid, I have found that a good mead is a nice treat at the end of the day.

I prefer Moniack Farms, near Beauly, but any decent mead will usually suffice.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Mike_rupp said:
I'm not that fond of drinking Kirschwasser. In my house it only gets used for fondue and Black Forest cake.
It's an acquired taste for sure.
Another cooking use is to sprinkle fresh strawberries with kierschwasser and sugar and let them macerate for a couple of hours.

Mike_rupp

Adventurer
Kirsch doesn't really taste bad, it's just that so many drinks taste better. On the flipside, it is perfect for a few things that I cook.

I'll admit, though, that there have been desperate times when my other stocks were depleted and I did drink some.

MtnMan

Observer
Although the American versions taste a bit like Ronsinol lighter fluid, I have found that a good mead is a nice treat at the end of the day.

I prefer Moniack Farms, near Beauly, but any decent mead will usually suffice.

Finding a decent mead in a liquor store is extremely difficult. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles