I'll take Potent Potables for $100 Alex.

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
Yes, Isley! I'll go for Lagavulin, but I prefer Laphroaigh. Been enjoying a new Colorado whiskey lately: Stranahans.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
lowenbrau said:
McCallan? Must be the generic version of The MaCallan :)

Nothing wrong with Speysides. The Glenlivit (especially the French oak reserve) is my 'house' Scotch. For special occasions (like sitting around a campfire) I really like Lagavulin.
I could camp with you.

I like a good Highland single malt in the evening by the fire and a nice dry red Bordeaux with the steak at dinner. Maybe a Shiraz if it will be a long night.

When the whole fam damily comes along, I pour Clan McGreggor into the McCallan bottles....

:sombrero:

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Hilldweller said:
I could camp with you.

I like a good Highland single malt in the evening by the fire and a nice dry red Bordeaux with the steak at dinner. Maybe a Shiraz if it will be a long night.

When the whole fam damily comes along, I pour Clan McGreggor into the McCallan bottles....

:sombrero:
That reminds me of the WKRP episode where Herb Tarlek "ages" scotch by pouring cheap stuff into the expensive scotch bottle. :p

Fergie

Expedition Leader
MtnMan said:
Finding a decent mead in a liquor store is extremely difficult. Any suggestions?

The best Mead that we have found was in Modesto, CA at a lavender farm where they also kept bees. The brand is Beekman and Beekman, but I don't know if it is available on the open market.

Chaucer's mead is not bad.

There is also another brand that I have, but I washed the label off. I'll see if I can find it in a store to tell you the name. It is in a cobalt blue bail bottle and it is quite good.

findleywarren

Adventurer
:26_7_2: Two fingers of Heradura anejo in a heavy glass(no plastic), let breath to room or outside temperature. Put another log on the fire and enjoy.

98dango

Expedition Leader
well we like to keep it simple

this is always in the truck

524px-Yukon_ack_bottle1.jpg

if im packing
coors.jpg

if she is packing
75457.jpg

or

250px-Jagermeister_bottle.jpg

mixed with this