How to dispose of a .45 Colt round?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
jh504 said:
You have got me very interested now..............so what happened to the microwave.

When I read that I got that ,"I cant believe that but I want to see it", laugh you get when your a guy and are about to do something really dumb.

I think this version is more accurate.

greybrick

Adventurer
Good topic, you might want to think of what happens with all of the unregulated and unused live cartridge primer charges

left lying around at local construction sites. ;)

Last edited:

robert

Expedition Leader
Ideally pull the bullet, dump the powder and soak the primer. You could drop it off at a local gunstore, but they'll probably do what we did with them when I worked in a gunstore years ago and toss 'em in the trash. Most trash is buried and even if they end up in a fire they aren't particularly dangerous- they "pop" but the bullet has little velocity behind it and the case usually splits.

Roc N Rol

greybrick said:
Good topic, you might want to think of what happens with all of the unregulated and unused live cartridge primer charges

left lying around at local construction sites. ;)

We used to pop these with our hammers on the job until one shot out from under the hammer head and lodged itself in one of the workers leg.

whocoudaknoed

whocoudaknoed

When I was a about kid about 60 years ago we use to pull the lead on 22's, pour the powder out to make bigger firecrackers. I tossed a coupla rounds (brass) into the fireplace. When they went off the oldman said "that fires really crackin tonight". Was stupid, but at least I didn't get a *** whopping.

GFA

Adventurer
It may be a dead thread but I would never take the time to pull the lead to dispose of ammo. Just toss them in a 5 gallon bucket of water, leave them there a week then toss them in the trash can. If it works for the local firing range it's good enough for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste