For Sale: 1994 Toyota LandCruiser FZJ80 with Proffitt’s Cruisers Cummins turbo diesel conversion. The following 80 series land cruiser has just completed a diesel conversion with a Remanufactured 2001 Cummins 3.9 liter 4BTA. For more specifics on the diesel motor and associated costs, go to proffitscruisers.com
With the diesel conversion, comes a “Panther” Heavy-duty 700R4 transmission, considered to be a step up from the typical 700R4 Proffitt’s uses in these types of conversions. An fj62 transfer case eliminates the full-time 4wd these vehicles had in stock configuration. The early model transfer case allows 2wd for better fuel consumption and less wear on the front end.
The vehicle has been in my ownership since 1997 when it came off a 30k mile lease. It has been taken from stock setup to where it sits now. Given the amount of extra weight, with the diesel, it can now get around 20 mpg.
Here's a quick rundown of the notable items:
- Reman’d 2001 Cummins 4BTA (~65k miles)
- New A/C Compressor/Power Steering Pump
- TCC built Panther 700R4 Tranmission
- 4 inch lift, via OME Heavy springs + MetalTech front spring spacers + Man-a-fre Rear spring spacers
- Slee off-road 1st Gen. front control arms
- Slee off-road front and rear adjustable lateral control arms
- Slee off-road rear sway bar drop brackets(not installed)
- Front ARB winch ready bumper
- Safari snorkel
- Custom built “Stubbs Welding” sliders with air fitting taps welded on
- Custom built rear bumper with rear winch mount, dual pivots, rear tire swing-out, and CB mount. Rear bumper eliminates factory rear cross member for closer fit and better departure angle
- New Windshield
- IPOR Dual battery setup with optima red top and diehard deep cycle secondary battery. Surepower dual battery separator.
- Rhino’d Fender Flares
- Alpine CDA-9883 Head Unit w/ Ipod hookup
- Eclipse Speakers – Front/Rear
- JL Audio 10” subwoofer in Sealed enclosure
- JL Audio 250/1 Mono Amp (for subwoofer only)
- 2 Farad Capacity
- Rear Cargo deck for added storage space – with middle row seats folded half way, provides room for full size air mattress.
- Factory FZJ80 Wheels with 315/75/R16 Toyo Open Country M/T
- Factory Toyota Differential Locks: Front and Rear
- Recent front birfield repack with all new associated bearing, etc.
More pics Available here...
Price - $27.5k ( Offers Welcome )
UPDATE PRICE: $23.5k
Location: Northern Va/ DC
UPDATES: This previous weekend i installed the "366" governor spring in the cummins injection pump. The stock setup only allows for a 2400rpm rev limit. With the new spring it can rev to 3200 rpms. This makes the truck much more desirable to drive and allows for easier passing at highway speeds.
I also remove the entire interior and did one layer of Second Skin Audio damplifier and 3 layers of Spectrum. The front doors were also covered with damplifier and front speakers were upgrade to a 6.5" pioneer speaker from the 5.25 eclipse.