Shocks valving for D90

rismail01

Observer
I'm posting this for a friend who's currently running the "blingstien" 7100 rated at 360/80 on his D-90. He feels that the valving is too high so any feedbacks from D-90 owners out here. Thanks.

Ray

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
That is Bils std valving for coil springs. Normally when you hear of a ride quality complaint it is the rebound valving. That is contrary to intuition, but it is usually the correct conclusion. The rebuild guide (http://www.bilstein.com/7100_Rebuild.pdf) shows a 345 rebound stack. Might be worth trying a set of those. The next step down is 275, which is quite a change. Unless the ride is horrific I would not go to those as the first step.

It is messy, but fairly easy to do this work yourself. The only special tool needed is their disassembly tool, which is not a lot of money. Can have some 4X and most motorcycle shops do the N2 charge.

There is no reason that you have to stay with their off the shelf valve stacks, but unless you are familiar with doing this sort of thing it is very easy to get lost.

revor

Explorer
What are the symtoms? Does it ride rough or is it bouncy?

I run rather light damping in the front rather more robust in the rear..

rismail01

Observer
Shocks valving issues on D90

Thanks guys!

I'm will be wheeling with him on Sun so I'll pass the information along to my buddy.

Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles