Any experience with Viking pop up campers?

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Just took a different way into work today and saw a pop up Viking cabover for sale for $1200 - anyone have knowledge or experience with these?

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Most of the older campers like that (wooden frame, stapled & glued together) don't make good "off-road" truck campers.

If you are just doing normal camping (campgrounds, states parks, national parks, freeway & highway driving) it should work just fine.

If the camper looks nice, is in good condition, and you like it, I don't see how you can go wrong for the price.

I had a friend buy a 1986 Starcraft Popup truck camper for $1400 -- old camper but in good condition, needed a few minor repairs, but he loved it. He resold it a few years later for almost what he paid for it.

Just my 2 cents worth

Happy Camping !

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Stan@FourWheel said:
Most of the older campers like that (wooden frame, stapled & glued together) don't make good "off-road" truck campers.

If you are just doing normal camping (campgrounds, states parks, national parks, freeway & highway driving) it should work just fine.

If the camper looks nice, is in good condition, and you like it, I don't see how you can go wrong for the price.

I had a friend buy a 1986 Starcraft Popup truck camper for $1400 -- old camper but in good condition, needed a few minor repairs, but he loved it. He resold it a few years later for almost what he paid for it.

Just my 2 cents worth

Happy Camping !

I'd love to find a used flip-pac because the new ones are (to me) outrageously priced. Looking for affordable altrenatives this "popped up" and although it seems like a good deal, I dont want to throw my money into junk if the brand has known issues.

bat

Explorer
I have travel with and camped in the wooden built pop up campers, sunlight,viking, northstar. They are capable of off road travel and camping, I have seen many take on baja back roads without a problem for many years.This being said they will not last forever with that kind of abuse. Weight is a consideration 1200lbs to 1500lbs but the cost is cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior