4wheelin quadriplegic

Hello everyone. I'm a new member here, and thought I'd share a little about me. I'm a 44 year old guy living in southern Oregon. I've been disabled as a quad since 1990. I enjoy the outdoors, and exploring the back country of Oregon, and Northern California. I also enjoy playing on the sand dunes, as well as the lakes. I have a 4 wheel drive van that is modified for me to drive, and is set up well for getting me where I want to go. I also have a sand rail that a friend and I spent three years building. It is completely custom, very fast, very fun, and totally wheelchair accessible. On the water I have a flat bottom v-drive (speed boat) that is a wet, wild ride! I've always enjoyed the outdoors, and becoming disabled didn' stop me. I just had to figure out different ways of doing some things.

Attachments

• bigvan.jpg
    bigvan.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 159
  • buggy1.jpg
    buggy1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 106
  • boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 94
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 111
  • my-van5.jpg
    my-van5.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 102

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great to see you here...
I would be really cool if you posted some pics of your chair lift, powerseat and anything else you are using to run your rig...
Also how you setup camp?
How you setup a sleep area?
This is all info that others who are new and come here can use to help get themselves outdoors.

Of course trip reports are always welcome after any of your outtings :)

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Welcome aboard! :wavey:
Looking forward to learning/reading more about you & your adventures!

safari.gif

jh504

Explorer
Welcome. Those look like some fun rigs youv got. Its obvious you have the drive to do whatever you want!

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
kusiekr@oigp.net said:
Hello everyone. I'm a new member here, and thought I'd share a little about me. I'm a 44 year old guy living in southern Oregon. I've been disabled as a quad since 1990. I enjoy the outdoors, and exploring the back country of Oregon, and Northern California. I also enjoy playing on the sand dunes, as well as the lakes. I have a 4 wheel drive van that is modified for me to drive, and is set up well for getting me where I want to go. I also have a sand rail that a friend and I spent three years building. It is completely custom, very fast, very fun, and totally wheelchair accessible. On the water I have a flat bottom v-drive (speed boat) that is a wet, wild ride! I've always enjoyed the outdoors, and becoming disabled didn' stop me. I just had to figure out different ways of doing some things.

Nice toys!!

The flat bottom looks fast and scary!! :bowdown:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
1leglance said:
Great to see you here...
I would be really cool if you posted some pics of your chair lift, powerseat and anything else you are using to run your rig...
Also how you setup camp?
How you setup a sleep area?
This is all info that others who are new and come here can use to help get themselves outdoors.

Of course trip reports are always welcome after any of your outtings :)

X2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giobarra