I'm about to deploy, and don't really have time for extensive research like last time, and hoping some of you can help me focus on a few best in class choices for an outdoor oriented compact digital that I can take with me. My last camera, the Pentax Optio, did very well and survived the last deployment, but at 3.2 megapix, the resolution isn't that great, and it is slow and fuzzy in all but the brightest and steadiest snaps.
Ideally, here's my consideration factors
- ruggedized (dust, splash proof)
- 6-7 megapixel or better
- compact, can fit in pocket collapsed
- protected lens/components when not in use
- SD memory card preferred
- great battery life
- must use AA batter or rechargeable lithium (no AA or specialized battery)
- great low light performance (no fuzzy pictures when low light pics taken without tripod)
Thanks everyone! Given some of the awesome pictures I've seen in this forum, I know I'll get some good advice here. Let's keep price off the table for consideration for now. I'll look at that as a secondary comparison point myself.