All Terrain Warriors campers

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I got asked to post some more pics of the boss's motorhome after I posted the ad in the "FG's for sale" thread. So here you go.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Wow! And I'll take my meds for the depression these pics cause.

If I could ask a question as to these trucks. I'm open to these as I have seen good MPG numbers and their ability. However, what we have in this area are the delivery type vehicles, I have not found a 4x4. That said I understand that for milder stuff a 4x4 isn't really required.

Problem is there are several makes and types. There are various letters and numbers along with the year and being unfamiliar with these designations comparison if difficult. Is there a significant difference? The ones w have will be lower, it appears and have smaller wheels, that can be changed easy enough I suppose.

The question then, what trucks would be acceptable for a conversion? 2WD initially converted and may be a 4x4 conversion later on.

There is a nice truck locally I've got my eye on used by a furniture store, it has duals and I understand the issue with rocks but I doubt I'd be in really lose rock areas and if I were it would be for a short period and I could check the tires after encounters.

Have to admit, I'm probably not a customer for a high dollar rig but would convert a box, but if I love it later on I may update a camper body to a truck or just sell it and buy another. It's not really the lack of means but the lack of justification for me.

What is a decent platform and are there letters/numbers to avoid? I think I'd be fine with a 4 banger too, everything is a trade off.

DzlToy

Explorer
Now, if you could kindly load that into a container with some other bits and bobs bound for the west coast of the US....

much obliged sir..... :beer:

whatcharterboat

Just finished this today. We very rarely build anything on a 2wd chassis but this is officially the longest thing we've ever built so thought I'd post. Realize it's not a camper but still thought it might be interesting. 42 seat bus for a central Australian mine. No rain out there and it will only travel on dirt roads so they dont really need 4wd. Very heavy corrugations though and the conventional buses keep falling apart hence the reason for a strong truck chassis platform.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

westyss

Explorer
Thats quite a stretch there! How much is the frame extended on this? Also what is that bull bar thing over the cab?

I like that almost square fuel tank too, is that custom?

whatcharterboat

Thats quite a stretch there! How much is the frame extended on this? Also what is that bull bar thing over the cab?

I like that almost square fuel tank too, is that custom?

Thanks guys.

Original 6.5m WB for the Fuso FK XLWB model. It's 16ton GVM , 270 hp with an Allison. The rear pod is 9m long.

Original fuel tank.

The "halo" is a Roll Over Protection System (ROPS).

ROPS frames are common here. Every vehicle entering a mine site has to meet a ROPS standard. Small Landcruiser and Hilux utes often have ROPS inside the cab or it is built into the headboard of the tray. Trucks have this stand-alone Halo style frame as shown in the photo.

Last edited:

westyss

Explorer
Thanks guys.

Original 7m WB for the Fuso FK XLWB model. It's 16ton GVM , 270 hp with an Allison. The rear pod is 9m long.

Original fuel tank.

The "halo" is a Roll Over Protection System (ROPS).

ROPS frames are common here. Every vehicle entering a mine site has to meet a ROPS standard. Small Landcruiser and Hilux utes often have ROPS inside the cab or it is built into the headboard of the tray. Trucks have this stand-alone Halo style frame as shown in the photo.

It looks like a pretty big tank on the one side, that would be the passenger side, is that one stock? If not where is it from?

whatcharterboat

It looks like a pretty big tank on the one side, that would be the passenger side, is that one stock? If not where is it from?

Yes. This is the stock 300litre tank that comes on the FK.

Regards John

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Just a few stickers to go and it will be finished. We are building this crewcab for a new hire company. I will put their contact details up once they get established.

Fairly standard Global Warrior camper module on a current Dual Range Fuso FGB71 Crewcab set up to sleep 4 adults plus 2 or 3 kids. The truck cabin seats 7.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

whatcharterboat

Is that the standard wheelbase, or has it been stretched to suit the GW camper?

Hi Owen,

Yeah. Should have mentioned that. WB has been extended out by 750mm to make 4165mm. The last crewcab was stretched out to 600mm but things were a little tight with tankage. 750mm suits the standard module a little better.

Kind regards
John.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94