All Terrain Warriors campers

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
That swb looks awesome. Is it similar length to my 649?

Hi Ben,

Yep. Basically the same.

It was up at a mining show in Mackay last week when you dropped in. Shame you missed it......drives great. Actually the chassis was originally a MWB that we shortened in order to build this little 13/14 seater demo bus. Shortened to the same wheelbase as the factory SWB FUSO.

Regards
John

DzlToy

Explorer
No crew cab FG in the US for sure. There has been talk, but nothing on sale yet.

For 2006 in the US, the FG was available in a 112.6" wheelbase (2860mm) and 136.2" (3460mm)

The FE Crew Cab only came in 164.2" (4170mm) while the regular cab was offered in that same wheel base and three additional ones: 114.6" (2910mm), 134.3 (3410mm), 152.4 (3870mm)

fg4oz

Adventurer
Hi Ben,

Yep. Basically the same.

It was up at a mining show in Mackay last week when you dropped in. Shame you missed it......drives great. Actually the chassis was originally a MWB that we shortened in order to build this little 13/14 seater demo bus. Shortened to the same wheelbase as the factory SWB FUSO.

Regards
John

Have you got photos of inside the swb pod? Could this be decked out with a bed/kitchen?

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Have you got photos of inside the swb pod? Could this be decked out with a bed/kitchen?

Hi Ben,

Yeah, I guess, although the standard bus interior panels wouldn't suit ........ but there would be a way around that.

Ben, next time you are up the coast for work, drop in and I'll show you what could be done with a bare module.........but at the end of the day, this would be an absolute overkill for a camper shell. These bodies are built to the highest rollover and crash test standards in the world for buses. The composites engineering incorporated into them is mind blowing in order to achieve that. Remember there is no heavy steel rollcage and base frame in them......just composite panels.

They are put together with the same Infused Vinylester panel technology that goes into all the ATW Global Warriors but the buses are built for a very specific purpose. A lot more than just a box and cost would be up towards a Global Warrior shell.

Kind regards John.

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Truck Trend Magazine takes a test drive of the ATW Alpha camper, assembled by the folks at Sportsmobile. Lots of photos accompany the article.
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/...riors_alpha_expeditionary_vehicle_first_look/

Thanks, that was a good read/view. ATW does a lot of things right, and I've appreciated their willingness to sell parts and accessories not just complete vehicles/pods.

I really like the ladder/rack they have on top of the cab, and the dual spare storage at the rear is really slick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94