All Terrain Warriors campers

Flys Lo

Adventurer
Most countries do not require an IDP, but the local law enforcement that pulls you up may not know that (or want to know that ;) ). I would definitely advise carrying an IDP in any non-English speaking country whether it is required or not. I personally order 3 of them, in case a corrupt police officer wishes to use holding your IDP as "ransom" to pay them a bribe - you can just drive off with them holding onto one of your permits. I avoid handing over my actual license at all costs in case they try to pull that trick.

gait is correct in that is really just a translation of your existing license.

To get a Light/Medium/Heavy Rigid license in Australia just requires a one or two day test, and its pretty instantaneous.

On edit: reading gait's website on South Australia, you may be able to get away with having whoever does your IDP's tick the boxes for the higher weight ratings that the US allows anyway (assuming they will do that).

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Sorry for not keeping this thread updated. Lots of stuff going on in the background through. We've been putting through a few export buses recently........ and for here in Australia, Isuzu NPS school buses for remote aboriginal communities up on Cape York and Arnhem Land, a couple of Sprinter motorhomes for a mining company and this awesome Isuzu FTS tour bus in the pic below for Fraser Island....this pic gives no indication of the size of this thing. It simply dwarfs an NPS. I think the tyres are about 44 or 45" !!!

image.jpg

And two new Global Warriors built for a couple of guys from South Oz. Both identical spec and loaded with options. I think they ticked every Isuzu factory option there was. These trucks have the latest version if the D.A.V.E. units fitted with Isuzu parking sensors, 6 tyre pressure monitoring, steering wheel audio control, sat nav, couple of cameras, ipod connectivity with charging, bluetooth to your phone, etc, all read from the one touch screen. Also factory cruise and a lot of other cosmetic stuff.

I'll post some more detailed pics before the customers take delivery at the end of the week. They would be the most optioned Global Warriors we've had ordered so far.

image.jpg

Thanks guys. Merry Xmas.

BTW Taking a new career path in 2015 after 12 long and happy years at ATW. This is officially my last week but will continue to post on any developments from the company.

Regards John.

Last edited:

Gatsma

Adventurer
Hey John, here's to your new career path suiting you to complete satisfaction! Have a Merry Christmas and a great new Year!

whatcharterboat

Hey John, here's to your new career path suiting you to complete satisfaction! Have a Merry Christmas and a great new Year!

Hi Gary......thanks. Teaching "shop" at high school. Haven't taught before, so stepping into the unknown a little....... And a Merry Christmas to you too.

Gatsma

Adventurer
Hi Gary......thanks. Teaching "shop" at high school. Haven't taught before, so stepping into the unknown a little....... And a Merry Christmas to you too.
John, I have a feeling you have a wealth of knowledge to share with "future fabricators"! And may students of yours follow your footsteps into some sort of innovative field of fabrication or vehicle construction!
Again, I wish you well!

4x4coaster

Adventurer
what do ATW use between the truck chassis and camper chassis?

Been getting quotes on polyurethane section 65 x 25(90A), expensive stuff!

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
what do ATW use between the truck chassis and camper chassis?
Unless they have changed things with the Global Warrior, the subframe does not sit directly on the chassis, it sits on the spring mounts. There is just a small piece of absorbing material between the upper and lower mount, which is kept in place by the bolt that secures the spring.

P1010001.jpg

whatcharterboat

John, I have a feeling you have a wealth of knowledge to share with "future fabricators"! And may students of yours follow your footsteps into some sort of innovative field of fabrication or vehicle construction!
Again, I wish you well!

Dean, Nathaniel, Gary, thanks for the wishes. Hope you guys have a great Xmas and New Year.

A couple more pics of that FTS
image.jpg

This one to give it some scale...Jon E and our Isuzu dealer handing over today.
image.jpg

Next to an NPS
image.jpg

image.jpg

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi John,
Wow that is going to be a change for you.
Good luck with it all.
And thank you so much for all your help and advice over the years.
Wishing you and your family a merry Xmas and a happy new year.
From Pete,Kel and the boys .

rivenoak

Hi John,

Certainly a change of pace! Good luck with your new endeavour! Thanks for your assistance in the past, you will certainly be missed at ATW!

Best wishes,
Jenny & Wayne :)

whatcharterboat

Hi John,

Certainly a change of pace! Good luck with your new endeavour! Thanks for your assistance in the past, you will certainly be missed at ATW!

Best wishes,
Jenny & Wayne :)

Thanks guys. Jon and Bret are more than capable of handling things there though. anyway, I might finally get time to finish that bike in the shed and go for a ride down your way sometime. Best wishes for Xmas.

Hey Pete...thanks mate. I'm surprised you haven't had to take a second job to pay your kids food bill. Are they still growing boys??? Haha. Best wishes to the family for Chrissy.

whatcharterboat

If anyone is interested, ATW has developed these "Travel Discs". 495mm diameter with a 75mm wide foot. Steel construction with a canvas bag for each.....FUSO or Isuzu 6 stud wheel pattern. Zero offset.

The discs are designed to drop the height of a Fuso or Isuzu motorhome to allow shipping in a container. They may only be required on the rear axle as there is usually plenty of clearance above the truck cab roof even with raised suspension and 36' tyres. I'll post some more pics of one of our Global Warrior motorhomes backing up into a container to show clearances.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Hmm. Not a bad idea, and better than the wood wheels we used to use for 'mogs.

But what I'd really like to see are some hub steps....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94