New ARB products debuted at SEMA

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
ntsqd said:
So no 60 series front coil spring conversion kits then?
;)

Nope. Heck I would be happy with the ARB rear bumper for the 60 series, they had a prototype on their Dakar show rig several years ago, but alas no production.

cruiseroutfit

toyrunner95 said:
No one mentioned the awsome looking h3 bumper? let me tell ya, it took them 3 days to get that thing on the truck.

That was a nice looking H3, but too be honest unless its a Toyota specific product or a general market accessory, I don't pay much attention :D

Some of the other brand aficionados might know a bit more about new ARB offerings for those respective vehicles. Post away! :cool:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
So Kurt,

When will the "new and improved" ARB simpson II be available or is it ready now?

I like the improvements and if I bought one, I would like to ensure I was getting the newer version.

Jack

spressomon

Expedition Leader
locrwln said:
So Kurt,

When will the "new and improved" ARB simpson II be available or is it ready now?

I like the improvements and if I bought one, I would like to ensure I was getting the newer version.

Jack

Be careful Jack...it'll screw up your 'system' ;-)

cruiseroutfit

locrwln said:
So Kurt,

Jack

I'm not near my work notes, but I want to say it was January. Talk with your ARB stockist and I'm sure you can work it out to get the new model right as they are available. I just sold my last stock old tent and won't be replacing it until the new units are in stock.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
cruiseroutfit said:
I'm not near my work notes, but I want to say it was January. Talk with your ARB stockist and I'm sure you can work it out to get the new model right as they are available. I just sold my last stock old tent and won't be replacing it until the new units are in stock.

Thanks Kurt.

Jack

TCM

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0006
I have a PDF file with full details on the Alloy racks if anyone would like it. The prices are in AUD but still provide a good estimate on the eventual USD price. I tried to attach it here but the file size is slightly to large. Maybe someone could host it on their server.

davegonz

Explorer
I wonder if the new racks will feature a better mounting solution for the 100 series Land Cruiser similar to the African Outback and Front Runner racks.

I'll take a copy of that PDF if you don't mind.. david.gonzalez@gmail.com

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
davegonz,

Having seen the PDF TCM is referencing, the new racks seems to be almost identical to the existing units. The only discernible change is the mesh flooring.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
cruiseroutfit said:
Nope. Heck I would be happy with the ARB rear bumper for the 60 series, they had a prototype on their Dakar show rig several years ago, but alas no production.

What? You mean this one? It's for sale, but you have to buy the vehicle it's attached to. Sorry, apparently it was a prototype only.

may2008103.jpg

may2008104.jpg

Last edited:

Crikeymike

Adventurer
locrwln said:
So Kurt,

Jack

It will be the "ARB Simpson III". February or so.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
Beowulf said:
davegonz,

Having seen the PDF TCM is referencing, the new racks seems to be almost identical to the existing units. The only discernible change is the mesh flooring.

For years, people have been complaining about the weight of the steel roof racks, but never complaining about the strength. ARB has been able to keep the same design, but cut the weight by 40%.

The details will be posted here soon: http://arbusa.com/News-Room/New-Product-Advice/56.aspx

On the subject of strength, the floors of the new racks will be the same product that is used here:
sharkcage.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online