Colorado snow... lack of..

MattScott

Approved Vendor
I'm due for Vail next tuesday. They're forcasting no snow....

Any Locals out there to give some good advice towards where to ski for the best early season snow?

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Not a lot of snow now, but I would expect some dumpage in the next week or so. Loveland and Arapahoe are both pretty good for early season. Usually when Vail opens, it is at least decent. I think UpCruiser has some knowledge of Copper and Winter Park. PM him if he doesn't respond.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I've been out over a dozen times, but our resort (alyeska) will open on 11/26. Allways looking forward to more snow.

toyota_jon

Adventurer
we didn't even get snow on Halloween! which is amazing for CO we ALWAYS have snow. as i sit here and type this it's 60* at my house! looks like it's either going to be a dry winter, or we'll just get pounded when it comes...we'll see....

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Been up to Loveland a handful of times. They opened their 3rd lift last weekend and have maybe 20% of the terrain open. You can count on about half a day of skiing, all on groomed cruisers. You will be bored in a few hours. We are doing a hut trip on the first weekend of December, it's looking more like a hiking trip at this point... It is a pretty lousy start to the season.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I got an email this morning from Mike Mallet at Vail Resorts with these shots, pretty sweet :) (I work for a dot-com that provides ski lodging throughout the west).

Attachments

• BCPowder_JasonRoberts3web.jpg
    BCPowder_JasonRoberts3web.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Breck11-30_002.jpg
    Breck11-30_002.jpg
    905.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Keystone11-30_002.jpg
    Keystone11-30_002.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 92

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
There is a storm mounting here in Park City as we speak, word is it will hit the western slope by afternoon/evening tonight and Crested Butte, Aspen, Snowmass, etc should all get hit pretty hard they're expecting. Unfortunately it was a little weak here and we are still badly in need of snow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles