Spacekaps? as campers? pics?

EdwinALink

www.spacekap.com

found these while looking at A.R.E. MX tops. looks pretty sweet and available in america.

I would love to hear opinions on these!

a search here gave me nothing, but if you know anything about these or know of a link to one converted to a camper, i would love the info/pics!

(hope this is in the right place!)

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Check out this link:
http://www.cargobody.com/camper.htm

I think you will find the cost of a new spacekap or cargobody does not compare very well with a similar size rv. However if you could get a good deal on a used one then it could make economic sense to convert one to a compact camper.

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• insidefrontsmall.jpg
    insidefrontsmall.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,043
  • insidebacksmall.jpg
    insidebacksmall.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,113
  • camp8d.jpg
    camp8d.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 898
  • camper19.jpg
    camper19.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 841
  • X03SV_CT002L.jpg
    X03SV_CT002L.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,140

mike h

Adventurer
SpaceKaps are very popular in Canada, I see them all over Quebec and Labrador. They are manufactured in Canada. The advantages are the doublewall fiberglass retains heat well (good for northern climates) and they are pretty much bear proof. I've met a few people who have them outfitted very sparsely: a toilet, sleeping deck and simple cooking space. Good for one or two people.

I don't see them in the States very often, I think they are a bit pricey.

mike

adrenaline503

Explorer
I don't know where you are located but his been on sale in Seattle for quite some time.

1fc1201313m33pa3lf8bj71c49568971f16db.jpg

1101431303k83pa3l48bjf5648c46ecef15e9.jpg

11312514c3n93k23p28bjdea1fbd0a2731fc9.jpg

1161f312c3k13m03l98bja2f26330ac461616.jpg

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/925350141.html

West Coast Mags

Adventurer
Wow space caps look awesome. I have an 04 2500HD that I'm wanting a camper on that camo truck is exactly what has been swirling in my mind.

jagular7

Adventurer
There are several similar manu's that I had looked at for a slide-in on a trailer frame as a camper. I was turned away from the overall costs for the double walled fiberglass slide-in.

It is another viable option for those wanting light weight removable campers on trailer frames.

I looked at Alaskan Campers, Cargobody, Horizon Fiberglass (I think they were sold), Rally Master Pods (local to me), Spacekap, Sport Cam truck camper, Best Built Camper, Callen Camper, and probably more but don't have them favorited on my home laptop.

TheRedDawn

Observer
EdwinALink said:
www.spacekap.com

found these while looking at A.R.E. MX tops. looks pretty sweet and available in america.

I would love to hear opinions on these!

a search here gave me nothing, but if you know anything about these or know of a link to one converted to a camper, i would love the info/pics!

(hope this is in the right place!)

here's a link to my camper that I picked up a few months ago.

http://picasaweb.google.com/TheRedDawn1/Camper#

I was told someone in the boating / fiberglass industry in Santa Cruz build 100 of these for a RV company and planned on going into full production. Something happened and I guess they only built 100 units. There's no name or indentification anywhere. I've seen the Spacekaps all over Canada and similiar shells in Central America and wondered why they had no distributers in the US, (or at least that i could find). Fed Ex has some new pick ups up here in Truckee, CA that might be similiar. Not sure if they are fully enclosed like the Spacekaps though.

appleyard77

SPACEKAP PIC1.jpg[]SPACEKAP PIC4.jpgSPACEKAP PIC5.jpgSPACEKAP PIC6.jpgView attachment 209413View attachment 209413SEPT FISHING TRIP 2013 096.jpg Picked up the KAP in Fredericton for $600 and i added windows and had it painted at Dundas Auto Body in Cambridge Ontario , i fish all over northern Ontario in it, it has a 110 plug in and 2 large US 2000 6 volt deep cycle agm batteries and noco genius G26000 auto charging system

Attachments

• JUNE162014 011.jpg
    JUNE162014 011.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

Xrunner

Explorer
Nice appleyard, thanks for the pics!

I see these locally occasionally... it seems most come from utility company fleet trucks and get sold off when the trucks are upgraded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne