Lightforce or IPF?

hovenator

Explorer
Thanks. Your write up is spot on. Exactly the sort of thing I want for my Titan. Great install and performance write up as usual.

madizell

Explorer
The two lights offered for comparison are not comparable lights. Since each does a quite different job, only you can decide which job you want done by them, and choose accordingly. The differences between them go far beyond brand preferences, or composition of the light body. The IPF is a compromise compact light for highway use, and won't give you better than compromise lighting. The LF mentioned is intended as a high output off road light.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
I have the 170 strikers. Very bright. I have the clear lens they come with and also a combo amber(very good in dusty/foggy conditions) and a dispersion clear lens(for a wider beam). I also bought the black covers for them for everyday protection.
I love these lights!

I have no experience with the IPF's, so no opinion there.

Superu

Explorer
LF 170's

I'm running the LF 170's and love them. The clear combo filters really light things up on a dark beach!

madizell

Explorer
How can you tell from a DOT web cam what brand of lights a vehicle has? I have seen dozens of HID's over the years and can't tell from the cam loop that the high beams shown are HID's versus any other form of high out put light, much less that they are Light Force HID's (which according to the company pr sheet are/were not available until the middle of this month).

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I have had the 170's on my rig for nearly 3-years. They are SUPER durable and are bright for their size. LF is working around a design issue with the metal outer ring. The ETA has been extended to January now. I am waiting to see them too. Although the LED's sure look intriguing too...and what's another $500 :Wow1:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Lightforce of course.

PC214590.jpg

Aaron

sinuhexavier

Explorer
Ipf Xs 900

I have always been a big fan of the IPF. They are the only lights I've used so I have nothing to compare them to, but they have performed flawlessly over the past 5 years.

2322101851_2cfeda5d26_o.jpg

FlyingWen

Explorer
Light Force has my vote as well. Not only are they versatile, but they are strong and virtually indestructible.

I figure that is they are good enough for the US Military, then they are good enough for me

idaxj97

Adventurer
ok sorry to hijack the thread but i was looking at the 170 striker does anybody know a rough estiment on how much they cost? ok sorry for the hijack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior