Body Molding

grasshopper104

Adventurer
I'm thinking about pulling off the black body molding around the wheel wells on my Disco. Anybody have any pics of what it looks like underneath?

grasshopper104

Adventurer
Thanks wise @$$! How's that creaking noise w/ your "expertly" installed hannibal? Let me rephrase that "does anybody have any pictures w/ the molding removed?"

adrenaline503

Explorer
Found these:

N907ARBbodylift.JPG

dsc00183.jpg

From expeditionexchange: The Disco2 comes from the factory with unsightly wheel arches. Remove these arches and dissolve the adhesive film with Decal & Sticker Remover.

Looks like its just metal.

pnorvell

Adventurer
Michaels on here is running flare-less. If you look up the "Discovery Evolution: The Turtle," There are pics in there. If your thinking that by taking them off that mud will get all over the place, you'll be disappointed. Thats not first hand experience just something I've heard. It's just a cosmetic change. Hope that helps,

Peter

pnorvell

Adventurer
Yeah man! I've been trying to work out how to post up pics to start my "expo rig..." You know just like everyone else! Hopefully i can get it worked out. Anyways, I'm on the fence about the flares. With mine being silver it will be very noticeable. I want to be sure about it first. Post up pics when your done too!

Peter

sweet! Looking forward to it - try photobucket, I believe they can re-size etc.

I think flares accentuate the looks a bit but I understand why some lose them. Don't put to much weight on it. Same thing with blacking out the hood, some like it, some don't. I'd keep the flares on for the first 100K and see if they last. I remember on my D1 ( which was silver ) around 120K cheap stuff started falling off; light guards, broken window seals, fog lights, plastic stuff, etc My former 2004 was black and collected dings like it was going out of style lol We are about to purchase a silver 04 so I'm psyched to see your rig

Not sure if the D2 will have the same or similar issues but I'm going to find out. I hope energy costs hold off for a few years :)

michaels

Explorer
epsom green. i like it. peter, do it! they look best on silver or white!

n78204578_30934218_3378.jpg

hmm...for sale if anyone wants to cover those larger tires on disco 1's....
DSC_0024.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles