Where to purchase 3/4" Shackles WLL 6.5tons

AndrewP

Explorer
toledotimber said:
Tractor Supply also has good prices on decent clevises, though they're made in India or Pakistan, IIRC.

But these are not the high grade USA made shackles. I saw some at Tractor supply that were not even rated.

toledotimber

Observer
AndrewP said:
But these are not the high grade USA made shackles. I saw some at Tractor supply that were not even rated.
You're right; they do sell some unrated ones--and they also sell little plastic farm animals and flower seeds. The ones I got there are rated for 6.5 tons WLL for ~$13.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Just to update everyone I am back at work at Fastenal after the Holidays!

I can continue offering the shackles at $11.99 each, minimum order 5 pieces. PM me or post here if you're interested.

AndrewP

Explorer
Just to update everyone I am back at work at Fastenal after the Holidays!

I can continue offering the shackles at $11.99 each, minimum order 5 pieces. PM me or post here if you're interested.

These are really nice USA made shackles. Highly recommended and this is a very good price from transientmechanic. They even come dayglow orange, so they should be harder to loose.

Thanks again, Adam.

If you guys are interested in the Columbus McKinnon shackles I will sell them to Expo members for $11.99 each, minimum order 5.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=43477

Is it just me or does the shackle read a WLL of 4.5T?

showImage.ex

Last edited:

TimS

Adventurer
I was wondering if we can still get the fastenal shackles for the same price still. I have some birthday shopping to do. Thanks

AndrewP

Explorer
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMAKA=67782862

MSC carries 3/4" alloy shackles rated to 7T - $50.50

Guess ya get what ya pay for.

Maybe, but the pin on the MSC ones is a bolt-not as convenient as a typical shackle with a screw pin as used in most recovery. No doubt excellent shackles but I have always seen the bolt type used with a cotter pin which would be a PIA.

The Fasenal deal from Adam is the best out there for the Columbus McKinnon shackles, which are as good as you can get.

DamMan

Observer
Adam,

I know this is two years later, but do you still work for Fastenal and if so what is the current price on 3/4" shackles?

Thank You,
DamMan

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Turning this thread into the Phoenix. Rising from the ashes.

Checking to see if Adam is still at Fastenal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94