Where to purchase 3/4" Shackles WLL 6.5tons

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Where is the cheapest place to purchase 3/4" shackles with a WLL of 6.5tons. Most of the ones i see are WLL 4.5 ton. You used to be able to find the 6.5ton versions for under $20, but am having difficulty in locating them

Most 6.5ton versions now seem to be over $30.

Also, can anyone shed some light on the Domestic versus import version? Can I really trust an import that has WLL 6.5 stamped on vs. a domestic 6.5?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I should have known one of our distinguished overland vendors would carry the 14000lbs 3/4" Shackles.

Thank you for guiding me to the correct location.

chuck45

Observer
D&M Wire Rope in Grand Junction, CO is a good place to buy shackles at a fair price. They do mail order too.

As to the need country of origin and China specifically - I would under no circumstance use anything sourced from China during recovery. I work in the energy industry and I have seen buyers get cheap, no make that stupid, and buy Chinese. The rate of failure is huge in comparison to domestic or European shackles, chains, etc. I use only McKinnon, Crosly or Van Beest.

D&M will not sell Chinese. I recently bought a set of tire chains from them; Peerless made in the USA. I paid a few dollars more than the guys I found on the internet who were selling Chinese chains. They tried selling Chinese a few years ago but had too many problems and comebacks.

If anyone is looking for chain D&M sells a ready made 20 ft lengh of 3/8" Grade 70 Transport chain with two grab hooks, all made in the USA, for 40.00. The local hardware and farm and ranch stores get over 100.00 for the same but all Chinese!

AndrewP

Explorer
Ordered 5 from Adam today. Took maybe 2 minutes on the phone total.

This is a great deal folks, you should jump on it! Normally the USA rated shackles are $20+

AndrewP

Explorer
chuck45 said:
Do you know what you pad for shipping? That could be the killer as those shackles aren't light.

Actually, no, but they will fit in a USPS fixed price box, so hopefully around $9.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94