Fj40/80 Hybrid

MILOWILLI

Hi there guys, thought i would share this Vehicle with you. I met a guy from Naples FL who has this lovely FJ40/80. Its an FJ40 body sitting on a shortened 80 series chassis powered by a 6 cyl 1HD-T turbo Diesel Engine..what a beauty. Jerome built this vehicle himself...Enjoy!!!

DSC06188.jpg

DSC06190.jpg

DSC06195.jpg

DSC06196.jpg

DSC06180.jpg

DSC06183.jpg

DSC06179.jpg

DSC06186.jpg

Last edited:

ExpeditionJeep

Wow, really a cool and potentially extremely practical combination. Nice work!
Marc
Driving a Jeep, but rather envious of this 40/80....:elkgrin:

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Awesome. I'm jealous of the turbo diesel.

One suggestion though. He ought to change out the leather steering wheel for something else. The leather steering wheel just doesn't match the classic appearance of the FJ40 body.

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
Nice way of getting rid of the old stiff leaf springs. I bet it rides a LOT nicer. Someone else did a FJ45 pickup on a 80 foundation and it looked cool too.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
....I gotta go measure MoGas' frame....wonder if he'll notice it missing in the morning....:ylsmoke:

Sweet 40!

-H-

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
Looks like he took an extra set of 40 front fenders and cut them down to make those rear 'flares'. Nice idea. The 80's engine in that engine bay is really tight. So much for working space haha.
:camping:

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
pretty sure i saw the website/writeup/pics of this rig getting built several years ago during general cruiser surfing of the net, wish i had a link,, i'll look for it. the cool part (if its the same rig) is how it was built, in the backyard, seemingly on the grass with no formal shop in site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior