Unimogs for sale in Japan

39Ronin

Adventurer
Look at the Mogs that are for sale in Japan right now: All super low km mogs!
The black U1400 has 11,000 km, the white U1450 has 16,500 and the 406 has 16,000 km.

cha48yo49-img600x450-1228442386n4w8f830843.jpg

cha48yo49-img600x450-12284423860uy81d30843.jpg

kawkats-img600x450-12221589777ek11490960.jpg

y0taka-img600x365-1226913961y6ku2r11092.jpg

y0taka-img600x465-1226913961bcang011092.jpg

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Colorado Ron said:
Dont even worry about it. Its mine!:elkgrin:

LOL--just joking. I like that one as well. Ill let you know when I get it here!:rally_guys:

Much easier for us Canadians to get trucks from Japan... You moving up here? :26_7_2:

Joe

Observer
Hi gents,

sorry, don't think that the prices are attractive except
- you fancy right side steering (as far as I know that' Japanese standard)
- you own a shipping company - otherwise you have to add the transport costs
- you know a way to bypass the import taxes.

Futhermore & without having checked potential descriptions: Japan does not allow high speed and therefore I doubt that the transmission is modified for high speed at low UPM. OK, you have as well speed limits for trucks but ...

On the other hand: Keep on dreaming! :wings:

lowenbrau

Explorer
Hi gents,

Futhermore & without having checked potential descriptions: Japan does not allow high speed and therefore I doubt that the transmission is modified for high speed at low UPM. OK, you have as well speed limits for trucks but ...

From the photos it appears that each of those rigs are left hand drive. It is customary in Japan to choose the steering position which is traditionally used in the country of manufacture. Many BMWs coming to Canada from Japan are Left hand drive, for example.

Shipping is, what it is. Probably $4000 to Vancouver?

Fees and taxes on 15 Year old vehicles imported to Canada are minor.

I can't comment on the gearboxes and Japanese speed limits.

Seems to me like better value than the dozens of ex Swiss 404s that flooded in some years ago.

I find it funny that each of these Japanese Mogs has at least one dangley bit that is lower than the diff. The most notable example is that poorly positioned exhaust. It is a testament to the fact that these rigs have been used exclusively on maintained roads.

762X39

Explorer
Seems to me like better value than the dozens of ex Swiss 404s that flooded in some years ago.
My Swiss 404 had less than 14,000 km on it when I picked it up about 7 years ago for $10,000 delivered to my door with plates on it ready to drive. That seemed like a very good value to me.The condition was pristine and seemed like a much better value than anything else I could have purchased for that amount of money.:coffee:

tommudd

Explorer
Hi gents,

Right hand steering is what I want really so I have something to drive in Tanzania when I go
Shipping, my wifes best friend owns a company that does nothing but import and ship cars etc.
import taxes, my wife teaches at a University so gets tax breaks plus my involvement with a Safari Company should make that a breeze

Now the low speed may be a problem
If anyone has any other links pass them along

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
i want to know the site for saling unimog

Cna't help you with a link to those in particular, but if you have not seen it, then you should check out www.unimog.net/exchange

It is a site primarily used my Americans and Canadians, but you can find lots of good stuff on there, and right now they have several decent looking rigs too.

As for the original thread... yeah, WOW, love that black one! That would be a really nice DD. No chance that I would want to make an overland vehicle out of it, too small, but it sure would be nice to own!

Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles