Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw Trail...February 6th,7th,8th,and,9th

modelbuilder Guest

Default Bradshaw Trail...February 6th,7th,8th,and,9th

PICS AND REPORTS START ON PAGE 12

We will be heading out exploring the Bradshaw starting early Saturday morning (the 7th) to Monday afternoon (the 9th).

This will be a 2 day trip. Take a look at the itinerary below for trip info and fun!!!

We would like to do a pot luck for both nights...so bring whatever you want and cook it up. If you would rather not participate no worries. If you would like to bring some wood for the campfire please PM me...I can bring some as well.

For Sure:

modelbuilder
    jdholder
    cowboy roscoe
    socaljeeper
    luk4mud
    nwoods
    cbradley

Maybe

L8 APEKS
    mnfeo2

Trip Itinerary (To be updated on a regular basis)

February 7th:
    Meet prior to 8am at the Arco Travel Center in Mecca. When the clock strikes 8am we are moving on out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...254&iwloc=addr

Explore west end of trail and Red Canyon. Camp at Augustine Pass Rd intersection.

February 8th:
    Explore east end of the trail and dig at geode beds. Camp near Geode beds at this coordinate (from nuggetwranglers.com)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...290&iwloc=addr

February 9th: Explore in the am and begin return trip from Blythe in the mid to late PM.

PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE POTLUCK. Everyone is welcome to eat what I cook regardless of participation =)

Use your own supplies for the pot luck (bring your own plates, napkins, and silverware)

Pot Luck: Saturday Night

socaljeeper: Tri Tip
    modelbuilder: Beer Stew and Beer
    luk4mud: Side Dishes (Green Beans, Noodles, etc.) Red Wine =)

Pot Luck: Sunday Night

socaljeeper: Macaroni Salad
    modelbuilder: (Still thinking)
    luk4mud: Turkey Burgers

Last edited by modelbuilder; 02-17-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Have fun, its a great trail with some cool history similar to Mojave road.

Here's our write up on it..
    http://www.adventureduo.com/2007/11/...and-route.html
    Dave & Yoshi
    The Adventure Duo
    2003 Sportsmobile EB 7.3 PSD
    1997 Landcruiser 80 Series Collectors Edition
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400s
    Tread Lightly! Trainer | Manufacturer of the Trasharoo

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not familiar with this trail...where will you be starting from?

I'd love to join you but doubtful I would be able to get Monday the 9th off. I'll keep my eye on this thread though and see how your route progresses.
    Heidi - KF7CKI
    1985 Vanagon GL Diesel Convert

Looks like it's all fire road...I'd be temped to drive my Volvo instead of my Jeep to save on gas! Are there any sections that require 4wd?
    Sean & Lugnut the Adventure Dog
    '01 Jeep Cherokee XJ

modelbuilder Guest
    Not sure...but here is a link to those that have done this trail before...

We will be leaving from the Salton Sea and heading east.

http://www.adventureduo.com/2007/11/...and-route.html

I would advise no to the Volvo just in case...you never know what might happen. Might just be better to drive a vehicle you know is going to be safe through unexpected conditions.

And remember the 9th is a holiday...for any of you who get that day off.
    Last edited by modelbuilder; 12-08-2008 at 08:50 PM.

The 9th is a holiday? Of February? For what? I know I don't get that off...the following Monday is Presidents Day is that what you are thinking??

I've taken a quick look at the route on google maps...seems easy enough. I'd like to test out the 4Runner on this if I can get the lift done in time, but we will see. I know we were planning on doing another run the following weekend so I don't know if I can squeeze two in.
    Heidi - KF7CKI
    1985 Vanagon GL Diesel Convert

The trail is not hard at all. You could take a 2wd rig through it. It's a heavily graded fire road. It's very smooth in certain sections and it's not uncommon to reach the halfway point in one day without driving fast.

When we camped at Wileys Well they wanted us to pay for a week or something silly like that. We advised them that we were just passing through and we'd only need one night. If i remember correctly they let us stay for free. I guess that campground can get filled with rock hunters out in that area so check ahead if it's possible. They tend to stay a week at a time.
    Dave & Yoshi
    The Adventure Duo
    2003 Sportsmobile EB 7.3 PSD
    1997 Landcruiser 80 Series Collectors Edition
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400s
    Tread Lightly! Trainer | Manufacturer of the Trasharoo

I may be interested in this trip. I will need to figure out my schedule for Feb and I will let you know.
    Patrick
    '98 Jeep TJ
    '68 Modified M-416
    TRAILER BUILD

There are lots of great trails off the Bradshaw also camping can be done as long as the area is not closed. I have camped a number of times off Red Cloud Mine area as well as along the way there are trails going to the North, South you might get blown up.. Enjoy the trip, I have been in that area for about 30 years and never get tired of it.

modelbuilder Guest
    Thanks for the responses!

I will post info as I get it. I will also start a running list of those who wish to come in the first post of this thread.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast