Bradshaw Trail...February 6th,7th,8th,and,9th

M

modelbuilder

How to gain access to the trail!!!

Quick FYI for those that are going...here are the directions and picture for the new way to access the trail.

South on Hwy.111 to Cleveland St. turn left (N) on Cleveland up to Ave.
70 and turn right(E) onto Ave. 70, approx. a mile+... start looking
for some white structures up at the base of the foothills on the
driver side... also look for a good graded road that heads to the
white buildings... it 45s off Ave. 70 (N.N.E.) this dirt road will
take you to the canal road... turn right and go UPSTREAM... in a few
miles you'll start to come to siphons... #32...#31(has some fun
wheel'n) and such till S-24...
At S-29 the canal road is locked by chainlink... you can go on the OLD
canal road on the far back side of the OLD canal... or there is
another graded road below the canal that goes all the way to S-24
paralleling the canal... it's between the canal & Dos Palmas... either
way will work.
Call and MMMMM at the BLM... for closing this access point... ask'em
how to access the Bradshaw Tr. from N.Shore...

SCREEN SHOT:

http://picasaweb.google.com/caprica75/Desktop?authkey=ghIbNc1cn7I#5286582682784644402

Last edited:

ExpoMike

My wife is checking to see if she can get the time off. Are your dates confirmed? Are you definitely leaving on Saturday morning and not Friday?

We would like to do this trip if you have room, assuming my wife can get the time off. Let me know if tagging along is okay. :jumping:

mnfeo2

Adventurer
Sounds like a great trip. Let me check on the dates and I'll get back to you, if you still have room.

M

modelbuilder

We are definitely leaving Saturday morning. We still have room as well.

7 vehicles sounds good.

Just let me know so I can add you all to the list.

Last edited:

ExpoMike

We're in. Wife and I both got the time off and it sounds like a fun trip. Haven't been there before.

I mentioned this to my dad and he is interested, so is there room for another possible vehicle? With his job, it might be a last minute cancel.

XJ_Lisa and I are looking forward to it.

M

modelbuilder

Awesome, I will put both of you down.

I would like to do a pot luck style dinner for both nights. Any interest in having a sign up sheet for what each of us will cook?

Be sure to check out the first post in this thread for the route and meeting time. I will have the mapsource file ready asap.

ExpoMike

modelbuilder said:
Awesome, I will put both of you down.

I would like to do a pot luck style dinner for both nights. Any interest in having a sign up sheet for what each of us will cook?

Be sure to check out the first post in this thread for the route and meeting time. I will have the mapsource file ready asap.

I sent you a PM this morning. If you like, you can reply to the email address I listed in it.

See ya :wings:

M

modelbuilder

If everyone would rather fend for themselves when it comes to food no worries.

I just hope everyone is up for a little drink and chat around the campfire!

luk4mud

Explorer
Model, you got room for one more? I have been wanting to run this trail for a long time. If my schedule is clear on Monday the 9th and you have room, I'll like to join you.

I have been on several multi-day trips of this sort and can help with the planning, if you like. I'm down for potluck meals and am happy to cook whatever.

Thanks,
Bruce

M

modelbuilder

Sounds good...I will put your name on the list. Just sent you a pm.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I talked to my wife and she sounded in favor, so count us in! Land Rover LR3
My hopes are to have an hour or so in the Geode fields to find some nice nuggets, and to explore Red Canyon.

I'm a little fuzzy on the schedule. I might have the family stay somewhere in Indio, and then meet you all Saturday morning, but I don't get that Monday off, so I will have to turn around at some point on Sunday and head home.

What that limitation, do our hopes/goals sound realistic?

Cheers,

NW

M

modelbuilder

The plan is to divide the trail into two parts over two days. This will give us lots of time for Red Canyon on Saturday and other points of interest at the western half of the trail, and Sunday will give us as much time as we need to explore the geode beds and the east end of the trail.

We will most likely be done with the trip Monday morning, but I would like to drive the remainder of the trail into Blythe...just to say I drove the whole of the Bradshaw.

The Hauser Geode Beds is an area of 12 dig sites that have an assorted array of geode types. I plan on being there for more than an hour.

So the two largest spots are red canyon (Saturday) and the Hauser geode beds (Sunday). The 2 day trip will allow us to do some great exploration of the area.

I should be receiving "The Gold Road to La Paz"....a treasure trove of info for the Bradshaw...I'll be using the book to plot out other areas of interest.

I also updated the itinerary in the first thread.

:camping:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier