baked Beans

Carlyle

Explorer
After an unfortunate gas explosion, the recipe I would like to share is in the hands of the government as a biological warfare potential....

HarryT

Adventurer
Baked beans

Fry two pieces of bacon (for the grease), fry a diced small onion, a half of a bell pepper, and some sliced mushrooms in the bacon grease. Set that aside. Fry a pound of hamburger, drain, add the crumpled up bacon, grease, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms along with a large can (24 oz I think) of Bush's Beans, and a couple of spoons of teriyaki basting sauce.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
HarryT said:
Fry two pieces of bacon (for the grease), fry a diced small onion, a half of a bell pepper, and some sliced mushrooms in the bacon grease. Set that aside. Fry a pound of hamburger, drain, add the crumpled up bacon, grease, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms along with a large can (24 oz I think) of Bush's Beans, and a couple of spoons of teriyaki basting sauce.
I will try that, sounds good:1888fbbd:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
my recipe is pretty much the same as HarryT, but i wash off pork n beans in a strainer then add my favorite BBQ sauce. try it harry.

Tumbleweed

Adventurer
Country Baked Beans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serves: 8

Ingredients:

Lean Hamburger 1 lb.
2 lb.
3 lb.
4 lb.
5 lb.
6 lb.

Chopped onion 1 C.
2 C.
3 C.
4 C.
5 C.
6 C.

Pork ‘n Beans 22 oz.
44 oz.
66 oz.
88 oz.
110 oz.
132 oz.

Kidney Beans 15 oz.
30 oz.
45 oz.
60 oz.
75 oz.
90 oz.

Butter beans 15 oz.
30 oz.
45 oz.
60 oz.
75 oz.
90 oz.

Ketchup 1/2 C.
1 C.
1-1/2 C.
2 C.
2-1/2 C.
3 C.

Mustard 1 t.
2 t.
1 T.
1 T. + 1 t.
1 T. + 2 t.
2 T.

Cider vinegar 2 t.
1 T. + 1 t.
2 T.
2 T. + 2 t.
3 T. + 1 t.
1/4 C.

Brown sugar 3/4 C.
1-1/2 C.
2-1/4 C.
3 C.
3-3/4 C.
4-1/2 C.

Bacon; cooked and crumbled 1/2 lb.
1 lb.
1-1/2 lb.
2 lb.
2-1/2 lb.
3 lb.

Assembly Directions:
Put hamburger and onion in a skillet and cook until burger starts to brown and onion is tender. Drain any grease. Set cooked burger aside. Open the cans of beans and drain the juice from each can into a large bowl. Don’t add the beans yet. Add the ketchup, mustard, vinegar and brown sugar to the bowl of ‘bean juice’. Stir until well mixed. (You may need to use a whisk to get the mustard mixed in.) Add the beans, the hamburger and the bacon. Stir to mix. Salt to taste, if desired.

Freezing and Cooking Directions:
To Freeze: Put bean mixture in a one gallon freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
To Serve: Thaw at least overnight in the refrigerator. Put mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: For best results, this dish really needs to bake. The flavors and textures blend during baking. If you want to serve it from the freezer with just a quick re-heat in the microwave, bake it before freezing.

Comments:
This is a wonderful dish that everyone loves! You can sprinkle a handful of grated cheddar cheese on top before serving, if desired. You can use Lima Beans instead of Butter Beans, if you prefer. Lima’s have a tougher texture than the other beans, and will be more noticeable as you eat the beans. For a large gathering, these beans keep great in the crock-pot. Leftovers reheat great! Serve with a salad and rolls as a main dish, if desired.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Tumbleweed said:
Country Baked Beans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serves: 8

Ingredients:

Lean Hamburger 1 lb.
2 lb.
3 lb.
4 lb.
5 lb.
6 lb.

Chopped onion 1 C.
2 C.
3 C.
4 C.
5 C.
6 C.

Pork ‘n Beans 22 oz.
44 oz.
66 oz.
88 oz.
110 oz.
132 oz.

Kidney Beans 15 oz.
30 oz.
45 oz.
60 oz.
75 oz.
90 oz.

Butter beans 15 oz.
30 oz.
45 oz.
60 oz.
75 oz.
90 oz.

Ketchup 1/2 C.
1 C.
1-1/2 C.
2 C.
2-1/2 C.
3 C.

Mustard 1 t.
2 t.
1 T.
1 T. + 1 t.
1 T. + 2 t.
2 T.

Cider vinegar 2 t.
1 T. + 1 t.
2 T.
2 T. + 2 t.
3 T. + 1 t.
1/4 C.

Brown sugar 3/4 C.
1-1/2 C.
2-1/4 C.
3 C.
3-3/4 C.
4-1/2 C.

Bacon; cooked and crumbled 1/2 lb.
1 lb.
1-1/2 lb.
2 lb.
2-1/2 lb.
3 lb.

Assembly Directions:
Put hamburger and onion in a skillet and cook until burger starts to brown and onion is tender. Drain any grease. Set cooked burger aside. Open the cans of beans and drain the juice from each can into a large bowl. Don’t add the beans yet. Add the ketchup, mustard, vinegar and brown sugar to the bowl of ‘bean juice’. Stir until well mixed. (You may need to use a whisk to get the mustard mixed in.) Add the beans, the hamburger and the bacon. Stir to mix. Salt to taste, if desired.

Freezing and Cooking Directions:
To Freeze: Put bean mixture in a one gallon freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
To Serve: Thaw at least overnight in the refrigerator. Put mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: For best results, this dish really needs to bake. The flavors and textures blend during baking. If you want to serve it from the freezer with just a quick re-heat in the microwave, bake it before freezing.

Comments:
This is a wonderful dish that everyone loves! You can sprinkle a handful of grated cheddar cheese on top before serving, if desired. You can use Lima Beans instead of Butter Beans, if you prefer. Lima’s have a tougher texture than the other beans, and will be more noticeable as you eat the beans. For a large gathering, these beans keep great in the crock-pot. Leftovers reheat great! Serve with a salad and rolls as a main dish, if desired.
I will try this it looks good:REOutIceFishing:

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

Bush's baked beans are great! I also like B&M baked beans but they are in glass jars so I repack them in plastic containers before I leave. A little bacon, some tabasco, a dash of onion powder and simmer.......LOVE! Add Brats! :gunt:

Pete Wilson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke