ice fishing boots

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I replaced my Sorels with Sorels. I ended up with the Caribou. Now they are all made in China by in some stores you can still find the Canadian made boots. Now go get some waleye and pike. :REOutIceFishing:

Bergger

Explorer
I just picked up a pair of Sorel Alpha Trac -60°F Lace-Up Pac Boots and love them. If you shop around you can find them for around $80.

f_18635_1.jpg

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Bergger said:
I just picked up a pair of Sorel Alpha Trac -60°F Lace-Up Pac Boots and love them. If you shop around you can find them for around $80.

f_18635_1.jpg
I will have to check these out. Thank you. We got hit with a ice storm that we lost power for 4 days, but no ice on the ponds.:REOutIceFishing:

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Co-opski said:
I replaced my Sorels with Sorels. I ended up with the Caribou. Now they are all made in China by in some stores you can still find the Canadian made boots. Now go get some waleye and pike. :REOutIceFishing:
Working on that, Just need ice now.:REOutIceFishing:

Colby Jack

Traveler
Mucks are the BOMB!

After retiring my favorite set of Bunny Boots, I have moved into Neoprene boots that are rubber dipped. I first started with a pair of Hodgmans, and they worked great! The price was also half that of the Mucks, which I also considered at the time. The Hodgmans' rand came away from the boot, and they soon after disintegrated. The smell was pretty rough, also.

I decided to bite the bullet and purchased the Arctic Sports from Muck. They are an incredible boot! The rand also came away from the boot the first year I had them, but a little seam seal, and they have held up great! I have had these boots for over 3 years now, and they look brand new.(YMMV) I can guarantee that I have put many miles of hunting, and many hours of shoveling and general construction work in these boots, and I have never had cold feet.

Not sure how cold you guys get over there, but 20 below is a normal thing up here for weeks at a time, without windchill factor. That being said, I have bought nice Baffin Boots for both my boys, and they have never complained about cold toes either... And they are made in Canada!

Good luck fishin this year!

Colby Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles