water bladders?

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Hi folks, I'm going to be rebuilding my rear storage area as time allows and am thinking of taking some drawer depth away and integrating water storage.

I'd like to find a bladder that fits in space 39-inches wide, about 10-inches deep and say 10-inches tall.

I have found some hard tanks that approximate those dimensions, but for ease of cleaning, etc ... if I could find a soft bladder I think that would be ideal.

Any ideas on sources? Or people have experiences with such devices (soft or other water storage ideas?)

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:
I am doing something similar with my Landcruiser, but I am still debating how to deal with water storage. While doing research I found a company called Waterunner that may work for you.

They claim their
heavy duty bladders are constructed of FDA approved heavy duty food grade polyurethane coated nylon. They also claim the bladders give off no taste or odor and are puncture resistant and are easy to fold and store.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I like the MSR Dromedary bags for use in the truck. 10L is the biggest size they make.

If you want a large custom sized water bladder look into a sailboat supply place.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
ARB makes one, currently available in Australia, but rumor has it Paul May with Equipt, may have them available at some point.

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Andrew (hltoppr) had a long and narrow bladder in the back of the Troopy. I can't remember who made it though.

kcowyo said:
ARB makes one, currently available in Australia, but rumor has it Paul May with Equipt, may have them available at some point.
Thanks for that tip. I started looking around in Australia and found Flexitank. It seems like Flexitank manufactures the bladders for ARB, it turns out they make a 20Liter (5.28Gal) bladder for the rear quarter panel of the FJ60. That is perfect! No loss of space inside the truck.

They have a few "universal fit" bladders and then some model specific ones.

Now I have to figure out how to get one... any one know if Equipt is going to bring some?

BTW Jeff, I checked out your photos and you have some really great stuff.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
55 (PW55) and 75 (PW75) liter tanks are available through your ARB stockist here in the US. In addition to the standard flexi bags, form fitted bags are available for different applications (ie FJ60 fender well bags, etc). Those are not currently in the US parts system but could be if enough interest was out there.

Suggested retail:
55 Liter ~$200
75 Liter ~$245

Specs here:
http://flexitank.com.au/subproducts/4x4.html

Last edited:

rusty_tlc

Explorer
cruiseroutfit said:
55 (PW55) and 75 (PW75) liter tanks are available through your ARB stockist here in the US. In addition to the standard flexi bags, form fitted bags are available for different applications (ie FJ60 fender well bags, etc). Those are not currently in the US parts system but could be if enough interest was out there.

Suggested retail:
55 Liter ~$200
75 Liter ~$245

Specs here:
http://flexitank.com.au/subproducts/4x4.html
Any idea what pricing would be for the quarter panel bags? Specifically for the 100 series LC.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
rusty_tlc said:
Any idea what pricing would be for the quarter panel bags? Specifically for the 100 series LC.

I don't but I would be happy to follow up on it for you. I'll launch off the email right now.

hoser

Explorer
rusty_tlc said:
You probably know this already but for anybody else out there, the bladder for the 100 only fits vehicles that don't have rear AC.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
hoser said:
You probably know this already but for anybody else out there, the bladder for the 100 only fits vehicles that don't have rear AC.
Actually since I don't have rear AC it never occurred to me.
Since I use the rear compartments for storage and to mount my HAM radio I'll have to weight the utility of the bladder vs the loss carefully as it is.

hoser

Explorer
I'm not sure if the rear storage pocket is affected. I just know the bladder takes up the area where the rear AC unit (evaporator) resides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz